'17 AZ IOL Kayden Lyles (Wisconsin transfer)

I don’t think we go there. Cooper seems entrenched and well liked by the staff at Center. And Lyles only has one year to play. This kid should start wherever he goes.
No offense to Cooper but if you get a chance to upgrade any position you do it. Cooper can slide to the other guard spot if he’s good enough.

If I were a NFL GM and had a need at OL, whomever Wisconsin is making available goes on my potential list. It’s that much of a factory! On this guy I’d ask some questions. He has one less career start as a DE than he does as a mauler. Coming into the season, he was on most watch lists and NFL Draft projections…started one game. I know I know injuries, but someone beat him out and made him expendable. It’s not an obvious slam dunk in my thinking.

I don’t think we go there. Cooper seems entrenched and well liked by the staff at Center. And Lyles only has one year to play. This kid should start wherever he goes.
While I agree with this, having another true center to compete with Cooper and to be there in case of injury really helps as we have seen this year. Either can slide to guard and be available for center.

True, but he has not played a lot this season because of injuries and we need more than 1 layer a every position, especially one as important as the Center. The loss of Cooper has been a big headache for the entire Oline this year.

Cooper isn’t that good. He’s not strong, he regularly gets hip-tossed by SEC OL and he’s injury-prone. They need to find more interior OLinemen.

Cooper is weak and has been pushed around every since he got on campus. He knows his position, but isn't stout enough for center yet.

True, but he has not played a lot this season because of injuries and we need more than 1 layer a every position, especially one as important as the Center. The loss of Cooper has been a big headache for the entire Oline this year.
Exactly why you take a capable center whether he has 1 yr or 3 yrs eligibility left,
We could be in the same cituation again next year

Reactions: Paper_Towel
No offense to Cooper but if you get a chance to upgrade any position you do it. Cooper can slide to the other guard spot if he’s good enough.

Cooper is waaaay too small to play guard. He's a center only. Regardless, we need depth at virtually every position, including center.

Reactions: walkenvol
Depth.We need depth.Not having to move a starting guard to center and moving up a good backup,we could have two starting centers.If Kayden were to become the starter,then Cooper could slide to guard.If everthing else is ok,then pursuit of Kayden makes good sense.

Reactions: Woodlawn VOL
3 years removed and haven’t seen film but he did play DE in 2018….I’d at least put him on the board for possible something !

Last edited:
Reactions: volnut1
Can always move Cooper bank after next year. And Cooper could move back to center if injury came up. GBO!!!! Would love to land Lyles. GBO!

VN Store

Back