'20 AZ DB Lathan Ransom

I live in Tucson. Salpointe Catholic is a force in AZ HS football. I might have to catch a game if this kid is serious about the Vols.

I bet. It sounds like they're really loaded. This kid ,Ransom, is a teammate of Salpointe Catholic RB, Bijan Robinson, who has also been offered by the Vols.

I bet. It sounds like they're really loaded. This kid ,Ransom, is a teammate of Salpointe Catholic RB, Bijan Robinson, who has also been offered by the Vols.

They're basically the only powerhouse in Tucson and compete with Phoenix schools for state titles. Any player with talent in this area will go there.

Tucson is a great college basketball town but there's little passion here for the football 'Cats. Football season is basically a bridge from surviving summer to Arizona basketball season. A trip to Knoxville and seeing a football mad environment would absolutely stun these guys. It'd be awesome if UT goes all out to get these two.

They're basically the only powerhouse in Tucson and compete with Phoenix schools for state titles. Any player with talent in this area will go there.

Tucson is a great college basketball town but there's little passion here for the football 'Cats. Football season is basically a bridge from surviving summer to Arizona basketball season. A trip to Knoxville and seeing a football mad environment would absolutely stun these guys. It'd be awesome if UT goes all out to get these two.
True that. My wife is a wildcat and has been to several Tennessee games. She said it’s too much football 😂

2020 class in AZ is loaded. Think there is 5 AZ kids in the top 100 on 247.

They typically end up going out of state. Either to USC or Texas.

Terry Fair IIRC our last recruit out of PHX at South Mountain. Rest have been JUCOs.

Salpointe is a strong program, but Scottsdale Saguaro in PHX pumps out plenty of Div 1 prospects yearly.

Reactions: SweetAsSodaPop

Terry Fair IIRC our last recruit out of PHX at South Mountain. Rest have been JUCOs.

Salpointe is a strong program, but Scottsdale Saguaro in PHX pumps out plenty of Div 1 prospects yearly.
When is saguaro going to play the big boys though. Chandler HC just took a job at ASU. I wonder how they will do without him.

Fair us from Phoenix, this is his area. Hopefully, we can capitalize on his in roads and rep.

Fair us from Phoenix, this is his area. Hopefully, we can capitalize on his in roads and rep.
Doubt he has many in roads. The landscape has changed a lot over the years with the huge influx of people moving to Phoenix. I didn’t even know south mountain high was a thing.

Last edited:
Harbaugh was in this afternoon to visit Ransom and Bijan Robinson.

Ryan Day scheduled to come for a visit this Friday.

VN Store

Back