Ayanna Patterson 2022

I have seen her a lot here, and she has gotten better each year. So far, she has deferred to the seniors on her highly-rated high school team. If she ever decides to embrace being the go-to player, she will do great things --- I expect this to be her real breakout year as a junior --- I will be happy if she chooses the LVs, but there are Purdue connections and ND is just up the road

She's not really a 3 pt shooter.
But considering the strengths of our recent recruits, she's exactly
what we need. A physical inside presence.

So she projects as a center? I think in modern basketball your wings need to be able to hit 3s.

she has apparently 40+ purported offer including Baylor, SCar, Maryland, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and, of course, Tennessee. Ayanna Patterson | WBB Blog

Probably in talks with UConn too but Geno keeps his offers quiet and asks prospects to stay quiet about their talks.

Excellent athlete as far as I can tell. Will be interesting when she cuts her massive list. No indication that I have seen of her cutting the Lady Vols.

she has apparently 40+ purported offer including Baylor, SCar, Maryland, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and, of course, Tennessee. Ayanna Patterson | WBB Blog

Probably in talks with UConn too but Geno keeps his offers quiet and asks prospects to stay quiet about their talks.

Excellent athlete as far as I can tell. Will be interesting when she cuts her massive list. No indication that I have seen of her cutting the Lady Vols.

Who is her lead recruiter at TN?

Where on earth did you ever get this idea? Not only is it well known that UConn has offered Patterson, but has been the subject of considerable discussion on the Boneyard.

Jim

Reactions: LadyVols_WBK
Only 4 shots but it's enough. She looks comfortable shooting. It's kind of a slow release but the defense will have to guard her and the threat of sitting will protect her other skills that are off the charts.

It's kind of like Anthony Davis. He doesn't make his living out there but you have to respect him as a shooter.

Only 4 shots but it's enough. She looks comfortable shooting. It's kind of a slow release but the defense will have to guard her and the threat of sitting will protect her other skills that are off the charts.

It's kind of like Anthony Davis. He doesn't make his living out there but you have to respect him as a shooter.
What I’m saying is she didn’t hit 3’s this summer... she is probably working on it, but is no where close to game ready. Ofc she’s a beast tho

All she really needs to be highly effective is occasionally shoot wide open 3s. For example you don't want defenders to stand at the free throw line when she has the ball at the top of the key. As long as they have to guard her out there, she's a top 5 recruit.

She looked good to me and comfortable on the perimeter. And she was keeping up with Dad who is no old fogey yet. He just turned 37 in May. I hope we are pursuing her.

All she really needs to be highly effective is occasionally shoot wide open 3s. For example you don't want defenders to stand at the free throw line when she has the ball at the top of the key. As long as they have to guard her out there, she's a top 5 recruit.
in HS ball she is usually the tallest player on the court and her team never needs her to shoot 3s --- I do expect the very best players to be a legitimate threat from every range, though

It would be great if she commits but not the end of the world if she goes elsewhere. I quit trying to figure out the mind of an 18 year old decades ago. Let's see how things work out before we start getting disappointed about who does not sign. We won't sign everyone in the top 20 anyway.

Reading the ND board some of their posters feel she should be a ND lock. She's going to break a lot of coaches hearts when she commits.

Heard the same, along with Cori Allen (23) & Jaloni Cambridge (24) too. Kellie has to show why local top talent should stay in-state. This season's results is very crucial to help with future in-state top recruits.

Question, if Kellie lost the above two TN players, would that matter?

Last edited:
Heard the same, along with Cori Allen (23) & Jaloni Cambridge (24) too. Kellie has to show why local top talent should stay in-state. This season's results is very crucial to help with future in-state top recruits.

Question, if Kellie lost the above two TN players, would that matter?
TN is not like Texas where you have 5 or 6 major programs competing for the same in state talent. Lady Vols are the big fish not only in TN but in the all the neighboring states. Quality TN players leaving the state should be the rare exception (Crystal Dangerfield). So yes, IMHO, there should be questions raised in KJH does not get top players residing in TN. Evidently McCray is all over Allen for Ms. State.

TN is not like Texas where you have 5 or 6 major programs competing for the same in state talent. Lady Vols are the big fish not only in TN but in the all the neighboring states. Quality TN players leaving the state should be the rare exception (Crystal Dangerfield). So yes, IMHO, there should be questions raised in KJH does not get top players residing in TN. Evidently McCray is all over Allen for Ms. State.

Happens more than it doesn't. Miss State has picked up their last two Gatorade players

As soon as she starts winning they'll come. No panics

Rhyne howard would beg to differ.

VN Store

Back