Ayanna Patterson 2022

Yeah, I’ll trust you on this....lol.

You have basically impugned the reputation of many Div I programs by not naming names, not to say all the great young women in WCBB that you say would go where their AAU team tells them to go.

Mass exodus out of nowhere?

Does Zaay Greene, Mimi Collins, and Jasmine Massengill constitute a mass exodus? I can name more if you’d like.

Maybe you witnessed one player, maybe even two pick a school that their AAU team told them to go to. Maybe. But you are implying that this is rampant in WCBB.

Bull.
It is definitely trending in that direction. Massengill left UT ironically when her "cousin" joined Kentucky. Mimi Collins went "home" to the same program who were contacting her while she was still playing at UT, the same program who was contacting Candace Parker while she was at UT and convinced Wiley-Gatewood to leave UT for her program. The same program that lost 3 players this season who all would've have been immediately eligible (only one chose not to apply). That program has also shuffled assistants almost every season. Zaay made a decision that caused her to be dismissed from the team and shouldn't be included. You don't think it's ironic that Westbrook chose UConn right before a 2 game series with UT was announced?

Again whether you believe it or not it is happening more and more on the Women's side than it has ever happened. And once players are able to get paid off their likeness (it's coming soon) things will get worst.

I agree with the OP and ive also seen first hand where some college programs get in bed with AAU teams. Been happening for a while and we all know so lets not be naïve about it as if it doesn't exist.

Reactions: mlindsay
I agree with the OP and ive also seen first hand where some college programs get in bed with AAU teams. Been happening for a while and we all know so lets not be naïve about it as if it doesn't exist.

I think people try to view it like we're making excuses, and it's cool if that's what people believe.

I just wish instead of saying we are lying they would start really looking into some of these commits and the programs they are committing to. Many of the AAU programs that these teams are associated with make it obvious who they are and what schools they players can and can not attend.

It is definitely trending in that direction. Massengill left UT ironically when her "cousin" joined Kentucky. Mimi Collins went "home" to the same program who were contacting her while she was still playing at UT, the same program who was contacting Candace Parker while she was at UT and convinced Wiley-Gatewood to leave UT for her program. The same program that lost 3 players this season who all would've have been immediately eligible (only one chose not to apply). That program has also shuffled assistants almost every season. Zaay made a decision that caused her to be dismissed from the team and shouldn't be included. You don't think it's ironic that Westbrook chose UConn right before a 2 game series with UT was announced?

Again whether you believe it or not it is happening more and more on the Women's side than it has ever happened. And once players are able to get paid off their likeness (it's coming soon) things will get worst.

For someone that didn’t want to mention programs r players, you did a piss poor job...lol.

So you damn everyone for the sins of Maryland and their coach? Personally I can’t stand Frese so I wouldn’t doubt she calls players after they verbal. However, that is legal and not a Violation.

I don’t see where any player Is forced to go anywhere based on AAU choices or teams taking players being forced to go there by an AAU program. Its not the same situation you are describing.

Maybe you will tell me the specific teams and players involved with what you are accusing?

Transferring is going to increase. We need to be an attractive spot for elite players period both incoming freshmen and transfers. And, Collins and Massengill weren’t going to be key pieces in chasing a return to final fours or SEC championships.

Collins and Massengill weren’t going to be key pieces in chasing a return to final fours or SEC championships.

I'm surprised you think that. Both were ~top 15 in the HS rankings, both were McD AAs and Amira was effective as a freshman/Jaz as a sophomore. Those are the kinds of players that Kellie needs to be recruiting to build up the program again.

Recruiting has been competitive for 20-25 years and we continued to get elite kids through HW’s term astoundingly. Maybe KJH will too. She hasn’t yet though and she did not at her other P5 stop.

Players leaving happens especially with a new staff. But, when combined with poor review of her experience from Lou Brown, recruits or their parents may have a concern.
I believe KJH will get those recruits. I don't believe anyone can get the recruits you want at Mo State. Her recruiting at Mo State was as a small fish in a small pond. She had no relationship with the quality players you want at UT. She is in year two in what I believe is a 4 to 5 year process. She doesn't have Neill Ivie's previous connections or Kara Lawson's name recognition or even all the national press that Bangghart got a Princeton. Her big time fame was earned as Kelly Jolly. To most of the good players they didn't know who she was. Let me ask a question of all of the fans; when you hear of a hot shot freshman or sophomore do you go to their games and do you wear Tennessee gear. I suggest you go to every game Cori and Jaloni are playing and fill it with orange and cheer loud. Let her know that you think she is special and Tennessee is special. It helps form the realization that UT has a terrific fan base and is an exciting, supportive place to play. Just my thoughts

I believe KJH will get those recruits. I don't believe anyone can get the recruits you want at Mo State. Her recruiting at Mo State was as a small fish in a small pond. She had no relationship with the quality players you want at UT. She is in year two in what I believe is a 4 to 5 year process. She doesn't have Neill Ivie's previous connections or Kara Lawson's name recognition or even all the national press that Bangghart got a Princeton. Her big time fame was earned as Kelly Jolly. To most of the good players they didn't know who she was. Let me ask a question of all of the fans; when you hear of a hot shot freshman or sophomore do you go to their games and do you wear Tennessee gear. I suggest you go to every game Cori and Jaloni are playing and fill it with orange and cheer loud. Let her know that you think she is special and Tennessee is special. It helps form the realization that UT has a terrific fan base and is an exciting, supportive place to play. Just my thoughts

I agree with the MOST point. You don’t mention NCST though. She may have failed there for not recruiting well. But, even if you don’t think being head coach at TN gets top kid’s attention, there is no excuse to not hire an assistant that has relationships with top players and the AAU circuit when assembling her staff. No one has made the argument she did that.

By the way, I did attend high school games with kids like Parker, Zolman and talked with RusselL during her travel to TN for an official.

Reactions: NeedOrange

VN Store

Back