Ayanna Patterson 2022

Hoosier

I have seen her a lot here, and she has gotten better each year. So far, she has deferred to the seniors on her highly-rated high school team. If she ever decides to embrace being the go-to player, she will do great things --- I expect this to be her real breakout year as a junior --- I will be happy if she chooses the LVs, but there are Purdue connections and ND is just up the road

sgacock

she has apparently 40+ purported offer including Baylor, SCar, Maryland, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and, of course, Tennessee. Ayanna Patterson | WBB Blog

Probably in talks with UConn too but Geno keeps his offers quiet and asks prospects to stay quiet about their talks.

Excellent athlete as far as I can tell. Will be interesting when she cuts her massive list. No indication that I have seen of her cutting the Lady Vols.

lfvol

she has apparently 40+ purported offer including Baylor, SCar, Maryland, Notre Dame, Mississippi State and, of course, Tennessee. Ayanna Patterson | WBB Blog

Probably in talks with UConn too but Geno keeps his offers quiet and asks prospects to stay quiet about their talks.

Excellent athlete as far as I can tell. Will be interesting when she cuts her massive list. No indication that I have seen of her cutting the Lady Vols.
Who is her lead recruiter at TN?

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
Only 4 shots but it's enough. She looks comfortable shooting. It's kind of a slow release but the defense will have to guard her and the threat of sitting will protect her other skills that are off the charts.

It's kind of like Anthony Davis. He doesn't make his living out there but you have to respect him as a shooter.

VolFuture2k22

Only 4 shots but it's enough. She looks comfortable shooting. It's kind of a slow release but the defense will have to guard her and the threat of sitting will protect her other skills that are off the charts.

It's kind of like Anthony Davis. He doesn't make his living out there but you have to respect him as a shooter.
What I’m saying is she didn’t hit 3’s this summer... she is probably working on it, but is no where close to game ready. Ofc she’s a beast tho

37620VOL

Barely-Known Member
All she really needs to be highly effective is occasionally shoot wide open 3s. For example you don't want defenders to stand at the free throw line when she has the ball at the top of the key. As long as they have to guard her out there, she's a top 5 recruit.

Hoosier

All she really needs to be highly effective is occasionally shoot wide open 3s. For example you don't want defenders to stand at the free throw line when she has the ball at the top of the key. As long as they have to guard her out there, she's a top 5 recruit.
in HS ball she is usually the tallest player on the court and her team never needs her to shoot 3s --- I do expect the very best players to be a legitimate threat from every range, though

Will83

Reading the ND board some of their posters feel she should be a ND lock. She's going to break a lot of coaches hearts when she commits.
Heard the same, along with Cori Allen (23) & Jaloni Cambridge (24) too. Kellie has to show why local top talent should stay in-state. This season's results is very crucial to help with future in-state top recruits.

Question, if Kellie lost the above two TN players, would that matter?

Last edited:

NeedOrange

Heard the same, along with Cori Allen (23) & Jaloni Cambridge (24) too. Kellie has to show why local top talent should stay in-state. This season's results is very crucial to help with future in-state top recruits.

Question, if Kellie lost the above two TN players, would that matter?
TN is not like Texas where you have 5 or 6 major programs competing for the same in state talent. Lady Vols are the big fish not only in TN but in the all the neighboring states. Quality TN players leaving the state should be the rare exception (Crystal Dangerfield). So yes, IMHO, there should be questions raised in KJH does not get top players residing in TN. Evidently McCray is all over Allen for Ms. State.

Amb3096

TN is not like Texas where you have 5 or 6 major programs competing for the same in state talent. Lady Vols are the big fish not only in TN but in the all the neighboring states. Quality TN players leaving the state should be the rare exception (Crystal Dangerfield). So yes, IMHO, there should be questions raised in KJH does not get top players residing in TN. Evidently McCray is all over Allen for Ms. State.
Happens more than it doesn't. Miss State has picked up their last two Gatorade players

sisaq

As soon as she starts winning they'll come. No panics

xtpsrh08123

Rhyne howard would beg to differ.

VN Store

Sponsors