Awwww. Atlanta Dream mascot retiring

lvocd

As a founding member/former STH of the Dream, this tugs at my heart strings. What a sweet way to handle it.

Dear Atlanta Dream Fans

Even though I stopped attending Dream games when I moved from Atlanta back to Tennessee years ago, I’m excited about this coming season because Shekinna Stricklen and Glory Johnson are now on their roster. I hope other Lady Vols fans will try to make it down to at least a game or two. Maybe when they play the Sparks? :D

As a founding member/former STH of the Dream, this tugs at my heart strings. What a sweet way to handle it.

Dear Atlanta Dream Fans

Even though I stopped attending Dream games when I moved from Atlanta back to Tennessee years ago, I’m excited about this coming season because Shekinna Stricklen and Glory Johnson are now on their roster. I hope other Lady Vols fans will try to make it down to at least a game or two. Maybe when they play the Sparks? :D

I worked with the with the Atlanta CSOC to bring the Dream to Atrlanta. DO you remember this lady, Kathy Betty? The original owner of the Dream...
Amber Lockette with WNBA Atlanta Dream owner Kathy Betty.JPG
Pictured here with one of my 13U girls Amber Lockette at the inaugural get together
Chamique was there
Coach C Douglas Elrod and Chamique Holdsclaw.JPG
As well as WNBA President Donna Orender
Amber Lockette with WNBA President Donna Orender.JPG
I worked with the COC to help bring the team to Atlanta.

I didn't know we had such a connection.

Last edited:
I DO remember Kathy Betty! But not because I ever met her, though. She came a little later, I think. When I attended a couple of early organizational meetings in ATL hotel lounges, it was a pair of women (can’t remember their names) who had led the cause to bring a team there. I was basically on board with pledging support and getting season tickets before there was even a team so that we COULD get a team. It was such a thrill to go watch them play that first time.

Reactions: krichunaka

VN Store

Back