Away Games

Rarely caravans. Where to book a room depends on the city/town. How to get tickets is an open subject. Try posting in the ticket forum section for the game(s) you want. Give it a chance. Otherwise, my 2nd choice is to look at the game site Craig's List. Those will almost always be in home section but they are seats. 3rd, go to a ticket vendor (stubhub, etc).

Reactions: RollerVol
Rarely caravans. Where to book a room depends on the city/town. How to get tickets is an open subject. Try posting in the ticket forum section for the game(s) you want. Give it a chance. Otherwise, my 2nd choice is to look at the game site Craig's List. Those will almost always be in home section but they are seats. 3rd, go to a ticket vendor (stubhub, etc).
ok thanks ,thought about gettin tickets at the home team website

Call the UT Ticket office. Ask how much to buy away tickets for each game. After they quote you the price. Ask them if we'll be wearing orange pants at any of the games. If they don't make promises then walk away! #ArtOfTheDeal

Call the UT Ticket office. Ask how much to buy away tickets for each game. After they quote you the price. Ask them if we'll be wearing orange pants at any of the games. If they don't make promises then walk away! #ArtOfTheDeal

Mr. President, Don't you have something to tweet about?

I always buy tickets from UT’s allotment on UT’s site for away games.

Although last season, I wasn’t able to buy any for
Auburn, so I had to purchase from Auburn.

You can buy em through the school, here and you'll be in the away section for sure. You could also buy through vividseats and they'll be cheaper though you won't be in the away section necessarily.

It’s fun to sit in the home team’s sections for a win. For a loss, it’s not as fun due to the loss. When getting loud for the Vols I have noticed home team fans using my tactics for getting loud for their team. Typically when they have the ball the stadium settles down so you can reach out to more Vol fans to “Get up and be loud.”

My fondest memory is of the 5OT win against Alabama. We scored and got the 2 point conversion, then it was their turn. Seems like on 4th down they called timeout the stadium was settling down so I get up and start getting loud. Other Vol fans joined in and by the time they came out of the TO the Vol crowd was loud, the players were hyped, they snapped the ball and we stopped the play for the win. Then me and my crew all smoked victory cigars.

Sit amongst them. It can be fun.

Reactions: feathersax
Only get tickets through the ticket office if you want to sit in the cheap seats. Look at where UT puts the majority of opposing fans. Top rows of HH-OO ish.

Use the secondary markets and get them better and cheaper than through the ticket office.

Reactions: RollerVol
Every time I have ordered away game or bowl tickets through the UT office, they've been terrible seats. Nowadays, if I'm going through the trouble and expense of traveling, I just pony up and get them through CL or Vivid. As previously mentioned, it's never a bad idea to check the Ticket Forum here, either.

Every time I have ordered away game or bowl tickets through the UT office, they've been terrible seats. Nowadays, if I'm going through the trouble and expense of traveling, I just pony up and get them through CL or Vivid. As previously mentioned, it's never a bad idea to check the Ticket Forum here, either.

You basically buy from UT if you want to be surrounded by UT fans and don’t mind having worse seats.

You basically buy from UT if you want to be surrounded by UT fans and don’t mind having worse seats.
Basically, yes. You can find good visitor section seats on the secondary market, though.

One fun example: my last trip to Gainesville, we ordered tix with the season tickets. They were way up in the corner of the endzone, but the consolation was that they were the last numbers of the row. However, rather than finding ourselves with aisle seats, the section changed mid-row, trapping us halfway down the row and right next to a drunk Florida section.

Good times. (Especially after the botched 4th and 947 yd TD surrendered to lose the game).

VN Store

Back