Award for mowing the earliest

Had a neighbor do theirs last week. I could actually weed eat right niw, but I'm nit gonna do it!

I mowed my lawn 3 weeks ago and again Tuesday. Will definitely have to mow weekly from here on.

I'm prepping ours for this weekend...its been a journey..we lost 7 large trees to Sally and I'm still filling them in...I still have to gather up limbs every time the winds pick up and in the last 2 days I've made a 6×9 ft mound of pine cones FB_IMG_1615427355633.jpg

Reactions: VOLSONLY
I mowed mine Sunday. I have zoysia and it’s still dormant, but I like to trim it tight before it wakes up.

Always loved a zoysia lawn. We had one growing up. Like living on outdoor plush carpet. When sod and grass trials were logged and completed, dad brought home some plugs to start in the yard. every spring he would re-plug around the yard from what filled in the year before. In about 5 years we had the best lawn in the area. We did not have a thatch free variety though. If we did not run a de-thatcher through it before it greened up, you could not get the mower through it by July. I would love to have a yard covered with the El Toro variety though. It's a no thatch variety.

I don't plan on mowing much in the future. I'm installing two husqvarna automowers in my yard. :cool:

Always loved a zoysia lawn. We had one growing up. Like living on outdoor plush carpet. When sod and grass trials were logged and completed, dad brought home some plugs to start in the yard. every spring he would re-plug around the yard from what filled in the year before. In about 5 years we had the best lawn in the area. We did not have a thatch free variety though. If we did not run a de-thatcher through it before it greened up, you could not get the mower through it by July. I would love to have a yard covered with the El Toro variety though. It's a no thatch variety.
My variety needs to be thatched about every 5 years. Mainly for health and to promote growth

Yard was FINALLY drying out enough after the 12 inches of snow to get ready to mow then it poured all day yesterday again. :(

Note to all......

I always told my wife that I could not mow until after Easter.
Babies, grand-babies, great grand babies might need a place to hunt eggs.
Kept me out of a months mowing for 50 years.
It works.

VN Store

Back