Automobilia etc....

@Vol_Doc I may have asked you this already but the infamous coyote tick is happening to a large number of 18 5.0s some say it’s harmless but some are having to get their motors replaced bc of it. If you start your car and let it warm up a bit and listen and hear like a typewriter sound like a BBQ tick, you may want to get it checked out! Mine does it on start up but it stops I have no clue what it could be. It’s definitely not direct injection noise
There are two different ticks. One is definitely the injectors, and it's most prominent on the driver's side. The other is piston slap. That's the serious one, and the sound is louder and more diffuse. It's evidently linked to a set of bad engines from late last year production, IIRC. Mine was a March 2018 build. No issues that I've noticed

There are two different ticks. One is definitely the injectors, and it's most prominent on the driver's side. The other is piston slap. That's the serious one, and the sound is louder and more diffuse. It's evidently linked to a set of bad engines from late last year production, IIRC. Mine was a March 2018 build. No issues that I've noticed
Mines 10/17 so now I’m worried

3.5 million for a cool car that you can't drive...

Aston Martin is creating a limited edition version of the definitive James Bond car, the 1964 Aston Martin DB5. In collaboration with James Bondfilm producer EON Productions, the automaker will build 25 "Goldfinger DB5s," with a straight-six, 282 horsepower, 3,995cc motor that will allow a top speed of 145 mph and 0 to 60 time of 7.1 seconds. It will even sport the famous revolving license plate and other gadgets, built by Oscar-winning James Bond effects supervisor Chris Corbould.

...Don't expect airbags, seatbelts and other safety features, however, because Aston Martin said "this car is not road legal."

Aston Martin is re-making James Bond's DB5, spy gadgets included

Electric done right.

Audi's PB 18 E-Tron is a supercar spaceship

dims

If they are going to continue the 350 for the twisties, then that's not a bad idea. A 500 with the A10 will be crazy in the quarter mile, hell A10 GTs will outrun the manuals. If they do that it will end up like the PP for the GTS. After enough consumer bitching, it will be available in a manual in a few years.

If they are going to continue the 350 for the twisties, then that's not a bad idea. A 500 with the A10 will be crazy in the quarter mile, hell A10 GTs will outrun the manuals. If they do that it will end up like the PP for the GTS. After enough consumer bitching, it will be available in a manual in a few years.
The speculation is actually a 7-speed DCT, which would be amazing. The 10R80 is great, but not really sufficient for something like this.

Anyone know much about the late 90s supras? Considering getting one and building it up. It’s not typically my taste but they’re pretty badass

Procharged 2015 who goes to the same shop I do in Orlando. Putting down 745 horses to the tires

Attachments

• 836EA04F-6A9F-4026-AA44-5A0CE48FE609.jpeg
    836EA04F-6A9F-4026-AA44-5A0CE48FE609.jpeg
    3.5 MB · Views: 9
Reactions: Vol_Doc
Twin turbo coyote putting down I believe he said 1044 horses to the wheels could be wrong on that number but it’s somewhere around that

Attachments

• 316D865C-1A64-4F1B-BAF8-446518F273E9.jpeg
    316D865C-1A64-4F1B-BAF8-446518F273E9.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 6
Reactions: Vol_Doc
Any gen 3 Tacoma owners? I'm considering getting a 2018, but some of the transmission gripes have me a little concerned.

I have a gen 3 Tacoma. There is a button called ECT power. If you drive with this on it makes the transmission much more likeable. With this on I have no complaints about the truck but the transmission is crappy if you drive it with ECT off.

Yes. ECT power changes the shift points of the transmission making it like a normal vehicle. Of course, you could always get the 6 speed and not have to deal with it at all

VN Store

Back