Automobilia etc....

Tesla would destroy this car in a drag race, but gimmie a tasty sounding na V8 with proven reliability. All day...

Wife and I are looking for a car, I like Jeep Wranglers. I found an Unlimited Sahara from 2010 I like, 117k miles, but otherwise looked good on my first inspection. It's $19k, which seems steep but what do I know. Anyone know anything about reliability of that year?

Wife and I are looking for a car, I like Jeep Wranglers. I found an Unlimited Sahara from 2010 I like, 117k miles, but otherwise looked good on my first inspection. It's $19k, which seems steep but what do I know. Anyone know anything about reliability of that year?
COnsumer report give 1 of 5 for owner satisfaction. 1 of 5 for fuel economy.
Avg retail price 12,400- $18175.
No info for reliability.
They don't make a distinction for Sahara.

Reactions: ButchPlz
It's slightly overpriced.
US News & Reports have it 2/5 for reliability

Reactions: ButchPlz
We were looking for a place to live in Florida and spent a couple of weeks with Naples as our base. Everyday is basically an exotic car show. It is now my goal to secure gainful employment as a valet in Naples. Curious how my soon to be acquired Aston Martin will look in UT Orange.

Reactions: malinoisvol
COnsumer report give 1 of 5 for owner satisfaction. 1 of 5 for fuel economy.
Avg retail price 12,400- $18175.
No info for reliability.
They don't make a distinction for Sahara.
I love Jeep Wranglers, but they are one of the most overpriced vehicles on the used market. Their resale makes no sense as there seem to be plenty. They don’t have a great reliability record and they certainly aren’t comfortable.

My wife has car fever and we’re looking at Lexus LS 460s. She drives a 430 now, and I am getting the impression that was a better car. She is headed to Naples so she’ll fit right in. MIL lives down there. I do like to stop at the Aston Martin dealer if I get by there. They have some sitting out and We just don’t see them up in the hills.

My wife has car fever and we’re looking at Lexus LS 460s. She drives a 430 now, and I am getting the impression that was a better car. She is headed to Naples so she’ll fit right in. MIL lives down there. I do like to stop at the Aston Martin dealer if I get by there. They have some sitting out and We just don’t see them up in the hills.

Check out the used Ferrari dealership, Black Horse Motors. They have some sweet cars in stock for those who can't afford to buy new. Naples is a weird place.

Bought an LS 460 last night. So clean. The owner was meticulous. I realize now how bad I let her old one get. It looked pretty clean until I saw a clean one.

They are a lot of car for the money. Dull, but of course that’s okay with her.

Reactions: volmanbill
I put the LS460 on the lift to check the brakes and of mostly just inspect it. It’s always interesting. When I test drove it I noticed it has double upper ball joints in the front and this is the first case of that for me. It has one utterly bizarre feature; it has rag joints in the driveshaft. This on a 380 hp car with 8 gears. I would think they’d have to take 1500 lb-ft at least but I don’t care enough to calculate it.

Salvage and rebuild. Real numbers.

Some of you know, I like to buy lightly damaged cars from insurance auctions. Just wrapped up my 8th one over the course of several years. Thought I'd share what it's like using actual numbers.

2015 Lexus is 250 convertible. 51,127 mi. Damaged on front let side. No airbags blown. I hire out the paint and body work. Got a little lucky because several replacement components were in trunk. Still had to buy several components.
Purchase 8700.
All costs from auction fees to county tax at registration 5,900
Total 14,600

Clean title comp ~ 25,000
Taxes would be 2300
Total 27,800
20210305_155313.jpg

I tried to get my wife interested in an IS or GS before I bought the 2nd LS but she wasn't interested. They're not a bit cheaper, they're just easier to find here in Appalachia-stan.

I think the more ostentatious a car is, the cheaper it is used, generally.

My plan was to buy a Mustang GT350 (Mach 1) as my retirement gift.

After much debate, I’m pretty certain (99.99%) I’m going to go with a 2SS 1LE Camaro.

Can someone recommend a pair of jack stands? I had some from harbor freight until they were recalled 😬

VN Store

Back