Austin Peay Coming To Knoxville November 13th.

Not the best of date selections - day before a UT football road game.

Looks like the Vols and Govs will do early season battle.

I went there to play football, stayed for one semester, realized the error of my decision and they still send me stuff to donate to the football program.

I'd like to donate a b*tch slap to the former HC.

I think it is great that Coach Pearl schedules these in state schools. Having spent some early years in Kentucky, where UK would not play the in state schools, this is refreshing. UK has started playing some of weak in states but will not schedule WKU (because they have beaten the "Cats" on a number of occasions) and until they were embarrassed into it, would not play Louisville.

I read this in the paper earlier today. I think it's great we'll get to see to in state teams play again. Both of my parents went to Peay and my dad played basketball & baseball there. I read an article a few weeks ago that AP retired the Fly's number. I never got to see him play but he was voted the number 2 street ball player of all time and apparently was quite a character. Wonder if there's some video of him somewhere.....I'll check when I get home from work.

Go Vols!

Since the state is blessed with a good number of competent mid majors, it only makes economic sense in these tough times to play a couple of them every year. It saves travel costs and builds goodwill.

Since the state is blessed with a good number of competent mid majors, it only makes economic sense in these tough times to play a couple of them every year. It saves travel costs and builds goodwill.

A lot of these guys are more competative, than in the past. Some of them make for interesting games. I remember watching Fogler take Vandy to Clarksville.

A lot of these guys are more competative, than in the past. Some of them make for interesting games. I remember watching Fogler take Vandy to Clarksville.
Belmont could have easily won the game in Knoxville last year. MTSU also gave UT all they wanted in on their last trip to Murfreesboro.

Belmont could have easily won the game in Knoxville last year. MTSU also gave UT all they wanted in on their last trip to Murfreesboro.

Your right, I remember listening to the MTSU game on the radio, and the Belmont game was a toss up late.

Any chance of the Vols facing ETSU in Johnson City?

Sorry.......but.....
Unzip the FLY....LETS GO PEAY!
Show your Peayness...we want Morehead!

As a Gov alum....I will be there!

I think its great to play state mid-majors. It is good for UT...and GREAT for the Peay!

VN Store

Back