Auburn's Chume Okeke torn ACL

Just hate it. Not auburn fan, but it was an ugly fall. Lucky break for KenSucky.:confused:

That sucks. Hate to see it, especially in the tourney

As a veteran of 3 ACL tears, I feel his pain. Hate it for the kid.

20190329_210924_1.gif
I tore mine in 2012. And have seen many torn acls. I knew right away. And when i went through therapy there was a statistic I forget exact percentage but was crazy high. Like 80% or something of torn ACLs come with no contact to leg. When that leg buckled on an explosive move i didnt have to see him wincing in pain on floor to know his season was done. Hate it for the kid.

Reactions: TC 83
View attachment 199950
I tore mine in 2012. And have seen many torn acls. I knew right away. And when i went through therapy there was a statistic I forget exact percentage but was crazy high. Like 80% or something of torn ACLs come with no contact to leg. When that leg buckled on an explosive move i didnt have to see him wincing in pain on floor to know his season was done. Hate it for the kid.
Yeah it seems over the last 10-15 years there's so many ACL injuries. Maybe I just have forgot but ACLs didn't seem to be as common of an injury in the past.

Yeah it seems over the last 10-15 years there's so many ACL injuries. Maybe I just have forgot but ACLs didn't seem to be as common of an injury in the past.
In early 90s and earlier it was just referred to as blowing out your knee. In 80s for sure and earlier there was little that could be done. Our own Bernard King had his knee injury happened in todays modern basketball he would miss season and after reconstructive surgery he would be likely 100%. Buy in his day he was never the same. But I agree there seems to be more and what I was reading in 2012 when i tore mine. I read alot back then because had to miss work for several months as have a physical job. Lol But I read statistically more ACL tears nowadays because athletes are getting more explosive yet you can only stretch the ligament in preparation for the sporting event. But the muscles have been trained to move faster and stronger than ever before. So naturally the ligament just pops from the stress more frequently.

Last edited:
Reactions: TC 83

VN Store

Back