Auburn picked up Traore

I knew it
I wonder if Kessler will return for them. Two 7 footers around the rim will be nice, but how will their guard play be. I read there's a good chance that they can land Stevenson the SC transfer and Murray the LSU transfer. They will be loaded again. The SEC will be very good again next season. Arkansas will be the team to beat. They are bringing in 6-7 very good players.

Reactions: VolPack22
I wonder if Kessler will return for them. Two 7 footers around the rim will be nice, but how will their guard play be. I read there's a good chance that they can land Stevenson the SC transfer and Murray the LSU transfer. They will be loaded again. The SEC will be very good again next season. Arkansas will be the team to beat. They are bringing in 6-7 very good players.

I’d be shocked. So would Bruce.

Makes you wonder how hard the UT staff tried.
Traore was just the sort of studly big man to cure what ails us in the post position.
Maybe a portion of Rick's bloated salary should be transferred over to Tony (Number 1!) Vitello.

Last edited:
So who are we after? We another point guard, someone who can finish @ the rim and a post player. Bailey and Chandler ( I assume he leaves ) open up two spots and there will most likely be more movement. So does Barnes have the inside track on anyone?

I wish I could say Bruce is cheating again, but in the age of NIL, I guess there's no such thing.

I wouldn't set anything to the side for a guy that played his DII'ish son over players that belonged and got no backlash from the denizens. On cheating, he has learned through trial & error from one of the best, himself.

Are we projected to land him? Amazing to see what Arkansas and Auburn are doing. I’d be happy w an experienced big man and an athletic guard

Traore was just the sort of studly big man to cure what ails us in the post position.
Maybe a portion of Rick's bloated salary should be transferred over to Tony (Number 1!) Vitello.
From what I've seen, Traore is one of those athletic potential freaks the NBA loves but not likely to dominate in college as a freshman especially offensively. He will not fill the Jabari Smith roll. He could certainly help defensively and rebounding but I don't think he is a game changer for Auburn or for us if we had landed him imo.

From what I've seen, Traore is one of those athletic potential freaks the NBA loves but not likely to dominate in college as a freshman especially offensively. He will not fill the Jabari Smith roll. He could certainly help defensively and rebounding but I don't think he is a game changer for Auburn or for us if we had landed him imo.
I truly believe BHH and Mr Aidoo are going to stun a ton of folks on here by the end of next season. It’s like a bunch have zero respect for them. We ran into a Michigan team with a 7ft hard player match up. Olivier Nkamhoua missing for that one reason really hurt us on both sides of the court in that game. All I know is our front court is loaded and huge. If Vescovi returns even if Chandler leaves….we have 3 technical point guards to play on the floor with lots of paint warriors to bang for buckets/rebounds.

Weird, I was told being ranked #1 in the regular season didn’t mean anything when Barnes did it.

I truly believe BHH and Mr Aidoo are going to stun a ton of folks on here by the end of next season. It’s like a bunch have zero respect for them. We ran into a Michigan team with a 7ft hard player match up. Olivier Nkamhoua missing for that one reason really hurt us on both sides of the court in that game. All I know is our front court is loaded and huge. If Vescovi returns even if Chandler leaves….we have 3 technical point guards to play on the floor with lots of paint warriors to bang for buckets/rebounds.

I just get this bad feeling BHH is going to transfer

Agreed on BHH and Aidoo. Vescovi isn’t a PG though. He has played it out of necessity but he’s not a PG. I don’t think Edwards really is either but they’ll be serviceable backups to ZZ.

Weird, I was told being ranked #1 in the regular season didn’t mean anything when Barnes did it.
I’m with you there and I like Barnes but also, to be fair, Tony made baseball’s equivalent of a Final 4 last season. Yes I know there’s 8 teams but Omaha is the holy grail of baseball like the F4. Let’s see what he does this year though. Last year we got hot at the right time. This year we absolutely should be there and likely should win it but that often takes some luck.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I’m with you there and I like Barnes but also, to be fair, Tony made baseball’s equivalent of a Final 4 last season. Yes I know there’s 8 teams but Omaha is the holy grail of baseball like the F4. Let’s see what he does this year though. Last year we got hot at the right time. This year we absolutely should be there and likely should win it but that often takes some luck.
Even the best teams in MLB win less than 65% of their games. When you get to the regionals, there will probably be two of your three opponents that can take you out. When you get to the super regionals, any team can beat the #1 team in the country, no matter how good they are.

Reactions: hUTch2002
Even the best teams in MLB win less than 65% of their games. When you get to the regionals, there will probably be two of your three opponents that can take you out. When you get to the super regionals, any team can beat the #1 team in the country, no matter how good they are.
That’s like the Sweet 16 and Elite 8 rounds in basketball. Once you get there anyone can beat anyone else.

VN Store

Back