Auburn fans worried ??

OrangeCrush18

Sattiger wrote this on the Auburn board: :D

Earlier this week, there were several posts about Auburn playing their 11th game against a top-ten team over the past 24 games. We are 6-4 in our last top-ten games, which isn't too shabby.

Looking back at the six victories, the defense has held those six teams to an average of 9.3 pts per game.
Tennessee was the only team to score more than 9 pts against our defense in those 6 games, scoring 21 last year.

It's obvious that our defense has been key to our success against top-ten teams. In fact, our offense has averaged only 14 pts per game and 284 yards against those top-ten teams.

We are 2-2 against top-ten teams on the road during the same time period ( Last 25 games ). The offense has averaged only 10 pts on the road and the defense was key in victories over Alabama ( 02 ) and Arkansas ( 03 ).

With all this in mind, I don't see our untested defense, holding UT to under 10 pts this Saturday. In fact, I believe that it will be a challenge to hold them under 24 pts. Based on the comments made by Coach Borges, Auburn plans on letting it all hang out on offense.
This game has all the makings of a high scoring affair and our offense will be called upon to score more than 14 points to win. We have great senior leadership on offense and it's time for them to make their stand...

I don't think it's that they're worried; No more worried than we are. I know Auburn has a good defense, and I know that beating them will present a big challenge, but I believe the Vols can do it. Just like they believe that they can hold the Vols in the 20-30 point range and kick on the afterburners for the running game.

Alls I know is it will be a great matchup.

Afraid no ,no more than for lsu cept the road factor.o BTW Stattiger is a monster with numbers hes amazing!!!! :beer:

im a ut fan.....and id say both teams r confident somewhat....but worried on the other hand.....im worried bout the D side of the ball but confident with the O for now.....im sure they r confident with their run game.....but may be worried bout other things....i see a great game comin on....GO VOLS!!!!!!!

If I were playing against the vols and their explosive offence i would be a little worried.

Attachments

• fulmer.jpg
    fulmer.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 0

VN Store

Back