Auburn bans student for Vescovi comment

No issue for me. Glad they took care of it as quickly and professionally as they did.

Not the worst thing I’ve heard people in the stands say, but still pretty bad and completely unnecessary. Hell, could have at least made it clever lol hopefully he’ll learn something from it.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
My God, hope he gets expelled. Ridiculous that he would think that's acceptable.

Also for those saying this is "Trash Talk," no it's not. It's racism plain and simple.

Saying "You Suck" or "We are going to destroy you" is trash talk. Invoking someone's heritage and telling them they need to leave the country is racism.

Uruguay is a race?

My God, hope he gets expelled. Ridiculous that he would think that's acceptable.

Also for those saying this is "Trash Talk," no it's not. It's racism plain and simple.

Saying "You Suck" or "We are going to destroy you" is trash talk. Invoking someone's heritage and telling them they need to leave the country is racism.

Lol eh I’d say complete expulsion from the school would be a bit too harsh. Had he thrown in a racial slur or some kind of threat, then yeah, I’d agree. Being banned from the stadium was an adequate punishment imo

Didn't seem that horrible. What if he had said "go back to Tennessee, this is Alabama"
At first glance, I agree it sounded kind of harmless. But what if he had yelled at a black player "Go back to Africa"? Pretty sure we'd all consider that racist. So maybe there's something to it.

Lol eh I’d say complete expulsion from the school would be a bit too harsh. Had he thrown in a racial slur or some kind of threat, then yeah, I’d agree. Being banned from the stadium was an adequate punishment imo

If I said that to anyone at work, I'd be fired.
If I said that in the classroom, I'd be fired.
A stadium excuses trash talk because that is part of the game, but this is just ridiculous.

Think about kids who heard that? I just don't think him being banned is enough.

Reactions: Cormock Mac
At first glance, I agree it sounded kind of harmless. But what if he had yelled at a black player "Go back to Africa"? Pretty sure we'd all consider that racist. So maybe there's something to it.
Anytime your premise is leave because you look different from me and have more vowels in your name than me, I’d say you’ve entered the dumbass spectrum.

Whatever he meant, I don’t think defending or minimizing this guy is a good look.

If he doesn't get expelled, he should at very least have his name released.

That would be punishment enough I'm sure.

And a face to face personal apology to Santiago.

Who cares about an insincere, forced apology?

Well considering that he has the choice of being expelled, I'd say it isn't forced.

Grow a pair and apologize or don't make xenophobic comments in the first place

VN Store

Back