AU Recruiting Article

rexvol

The Minister of Defense
Auburn Looking to Land Knockout in Recruiting | Bleacher Report

Dont you love the pic they use?
Tana Patrick, a four-star linebacker, stated after his weekend trip to Auburn, “the visit improved the Tigers' chances.” The in-state player from Stevenson will visit Southern California and Miami next. “It went really well. I got to know the coaches and everything, so it went real good. I got to know Coach Roof a lot.” Patrick said the decision would ultimately be between Alabama, Auburn, USC, Miami, and Tennessee.

I thought that it was an interesting read because Gus and Trooper are burning up the roads just like our guys.

For what it's worth, Stevenson, AL is just down river from Chattanooga. Therefore he lives a lot closer to Knoxville than Auburn.

What about Auburn recruiting and the future of Auburn football? Why does everybody think that every team fears Alabama, when all football players are fearless and love to battle on Saturday?
-- Kenneth from Tanner, Ala.
-----
I don't think anyone at Auburn fears Alabama. If that were the case, why would Gene Chizik take the coaching job? Why would assistants such as Gus Malzahn and Ted Roof leave their previous posts to take coordinator jobs with the Tigers? Why would Trooper Taylor leave Oklahoma State for Auburn and Tracy Rocker depart Ole Miss to return to his alma mater if they all feared the Crimson Tide?
I really believe Chizik has put together a good staff that can recruit. But the single biggest recruiting priority moving forward is that the Tigers have to do a better job of recruiting the elite in-state prospects. Alabama has owned Auburn in that regard over the past couple of years.

VN Store

Back