AU-Freeze, will it happen?

I heard that he had a new one on the table in the wake of his imminent departure that would put him in the highest paid coaches in the game. I was interested to see if he signed it to affirm his steadfast commitment to staying at Ole Miss.

My guess is Keith Carter would be PR’ing the crap out of that pre game if he did.

If Kiff goes to Auburn…….I bet Ole Miss goes after Willie Fritz.

Lane Kiffin’s coaching career:
— AND several times - He was hired for the Defensive Coordinator expertise of his Father: Monte Kiffin!…..

Offensive Coordinator- USC 2005-2006. Record: 12-1…
(an All-Star line-up: QB-Matt Lineart; Running Backs-Reggie Bush & LenDale White; Receiver-Steve Smith…..). - And they STILL lost the BCS Championship Game to Vince Young & Texas!

Oakland Raiders Head Coach- 2007-2008. Record: 5-15…
Al Davis Hated the guy — FIRED - after 1 & 1/2 Losing seasons!!!

Tennessee VOLS Head Coach-
2008-2009. Record: 7-6….
WHAT?!!! — “C’mon Man!” - He Named his new-born son: Knox!!!!!!!!!
— Bolted for USC with MOST of Tennessee’s high-ranking recruits!…..

USC Head Coach: (His DREAM job) 2009-2013. 28-15…
-FIRED after starting the 2013 season 2-3....

Alabama Offensive Coordinator: 2014-2016. 32-5… (Blessed by Nick Saban & MANY 5-star players)…..

Florida Atlantic University: 2017-2019. 27-13… (Easy to win around a conference full of Losers!!!)

Ole Miss: 2019 - Present. 34-24…

His OVER-ALL HEAD COACHING RECORD: 94-67! — NOT as “impressive” as many might think…..

The GUY is COCKY as HELL & severely OVER-RATED!!!

Kiffin is GOOD! (Better than average) - But NOT Great! (Except in his OWN mind)!!!!

He has burned 🔥 A LOT of bridges along the way… And I wouldn’t even trust him to just “save my seat” at the bar!……

In my opinion - He has NOT proved in ANY way to be an ELITE Coach! — In the NFL (Oakland Raiders) In the FCS (Florida Atlantic) or in the SEC at Tennessee or Ole Miss; — And he has shown No Loyalty to ANY program that he has EVER Coached!

— In the ENTIRE History of his coaching career!

IF he takes the AUBURN job, His fate is SEALED! High-Paying Boosters & disgruntled fans will NOT put up with “mediocrity”…..

Actually, I hope that he does jump to Auburn - Just to see him finally “Crash & Burn” like he deserves!!!! 🔥 🔥 🔥

Last edited:
After one year at Auburn, what happens if Saban retires and the Bama position opens up?

After one year at Auburn, what happens if Saban retires and the Bama position opens up?
As I've said before, I don't think AU or Alabama have ever hired a football head coach from the other's school. There's just too much rivalry there. Imagine in the morass that was Alabama after Bryant retired, if the AD had even interviewed Pat Dye he'd probably have been run out of Tuscaloosa.

Kiffin taking Auburn then jumping to Alabama is SO Lane Kiffin but I don't think it's Alabama.

Because Lane has lived in head's like the OP for almost 15 years now. People just cannot let it go.

I don’t like what he did still, but am finally getting to the point where I’ve mostly let it go. It did take years, but at this point the annual “where will he bolt to” stuff that always comes up with him no longer brings any real anger. Whatever he does it’s not like it hurts us like it did all of those years ago. Now those are someone else’s problems.

Reactions: fossilfiction
I don’t like what he did still, but am finally getting to the point where I’ve mostly let it go. It did take years, but at this point the annual “where will he bolt to” stuff that always comes up with him no longer brings any real anger. Whatever he does it’s not like it hurts us like it did all of those years ago. Now those are someone else’s problems.
Yep, he’s Ole Miss’s problem now.

Why does anyone care?
Not only that, we have multiple threads on this, the whole SEC been talking about it a month, and it’s in the wrong forum.

Zero star thread and yes, there’s a pattern.

[edit] the Nov 25 thread has been mercifully merged. So it doesn’t look as tone deaf as it was. Just one more thing to be thankful for.

Last edited:
As I've said before, I don't think AU or Alabama have ever hired a football head coach from the other's school. There's just too much rivalry there. Imagine in the morass that was Alabama after Bryant retired, if the AD had even interviewed Pat Dye he'd probably have been run out of Tuscaloosa.

Kiffin taking Auburn then jumping to Alabama is SO Lane Kiffin but I don't think it's Alabama.
Yes, I have heard the same out of B'ham sports media, if he takes AU job, he will never be offered Bama.

Great opportunity for him. Would have said that he and Kelly would make Sabans life miserable but with the SEC ditching division play, he'll be just as much our problem going forward.
Kiffin isn’t a problem. Heupel is more of a problem for Saban than Kiffin is.

VN Store

Back