AU-Freeze, will it happen?

Who cares? Not trying to be a jerk, but that clown made this program look like a stepping stone to the rest of the world and laughed about it. Called our recruits and told them not to come here. I hope he goes to prison and drops the soap a few thousand times. Sorry, not sorry. F that dude.

I agree. Don’t want him back as our coach.

Who cares? Not trying to be a jerk, but that clown made this program look like a stepping stone to the rest of the world and laughed about it. Called our recruits and told them not to come here. I hope he goes to prison and drops the soap a few thousand times. Sorry, not sorry. F that dude.

Thank you. It seems like anything related to Kiffin and some TN fan has to make a thread about that loser. Why some of our fans still obsess over this douche is beyond me.

Reactions: stevenrich2003

I’m with you. Low character guy who does low character things. I’ll admit I’m often amused by his immaturity, but I wouldn’t want that guy anywhere near anything I care about.

Thank you. It seems like anything related to Kiffin and some TN fan has to make a thread about that loser. Why some of our fans still obsess over this douche is beyond me.
100% agree!!! He is a slime covered turd that is just waiting on the next big paycheck. No loyalty, no morals, just all about me, and mine. Again, I hope he goes to prison and drops the soap a few thousand times.

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I know everyone is bummed over the recent loss, so thought I would change the pace to discuss our pal, Lane Kiffin, Ole Miss, and Auburn. It leaked out that Kiffin was “Auburn bound” after the Egg Bowl Vs my daughter’s school, MS State (and no, my daughter couldn’t care less about sports). Good ole Lane was confronted about the Auburn news and wasn’t too happy about it. Did Lane tell a fib and actually Auburn bound, or does he stay at Ole Miss? It’s nice that TN has a quality coach and I hope Heup continues to be successful as it’s been a fun ride!

Lane Kiffin is apparently staying put at Ole Miss.
Or so he says. The Mississippi football coach responded to a report from local north Mississippi TV reporter Jon Sokoloff on Monday that he's planning to leave the university on Friday to take the head coaching job at Auburn. The report also stated that Auburn hasn't offered the job to anybody.
Per Kiffin: "That's news to me Jon."

Edit- I am not a Kififn fan. Again, just a topic of conversation as he is about to tick off Ole Miss fans if he lied and leaves for Auburn.
I don’t think he has ever said that he is staying. But he did seem to get hyper pissed at that reporter, because if he does go to auburn now, he is now forced to prove all of his haters right.

Kiffin would have to be an idiot to take the Auburn job right now. So that's one hurdle cleared.

Sokoloff was the one who broke John Cohen leaving Mississippi State for Auburn. He’s not a shock jock. He’s legitimate news.

If he’s wrong and Kiffin isn’t leaving, Kiffin owes it to Ole Miss to flat out say he’s staying, and do it ASAP. It’s going to be a distraction for the Egg Bowl otherwise, and he wouldn’t want that to be the reason his team loses to their biggest rival…unless he already has a foot out the door and thus he doesn’t have the same incentive to care.

Sokoloff was the one who broke John Cohen leaving Mississippi State for Auburn. He’s not a shock jock. He’s legitimate news.

If he’s wrong and Kiffin isn’t leaving, Kiffin owes it to Ole Miss to flat out say he’s staying, and do it ASAP. It’s going to be a distraction for the Egg Bowl otherwise, and he wouldn’t want that to be the reason his team loses to their biggest rival…unless he already has a foot out the door and thus he doesn’t have the same incentive to care.
Perhaps you're the last person following college football to have not figured out that Lane Kiffin's only allegiance is to Lane Kiffin.

He's had more "dream jobs" than I had "girlfriends" in 1st grade.

You have a point.

Personally, I think Lane is torn a bit. He knows if he takes Auburn, then Alabama is out. But who knows if he would get the Alabama job eventually anyway.

He'd be in the running once Bama came to realization that Dabo and Kirby are not obtainable. Kirby isn't leaving his alma mater and Dabo isn't leaving a championship program he built to go live in Saban's shadow until he won his 3rd or 4th title at Alabama.

He'd be in the running once Bama came to realization that Dabo and Kirby are not obtainable. Kirby isn't leaving his alma mater and Dabo isn't leaving a championship program he built to go live in Saban's shadow until he won his 3rd or 4th title at Alabama.
Alabama and the powers that be are not going to just hand the program that Nick Saban built over to Lane Kiffin. They will chase the names that you mentioned, but they will look at people like Chris Peterson and Urban Meyer, they will look to the NFL to see if guys like Pete Carrol have any tread and fire left. You have to remember that they feel like they can have anyone in the profession that they desire, and he will be far from third on their wishlist. Would it ultimately come down to Kiffin getting an offer? Perhaps, but only if they struck out with 10 other people after an exhausting six week search. It certainly wouldn’t be the ten day drunken frolic behind the dumpster that Auburn and Kiffin have just consummated if the report is true. I think he’s a fool to wait on Alabama if he truly does want an upgrade.

Last edited:

Well it makes sense that a dude in Starkville is dialed into when a dude in Starkville is leaving. Not the same as being dialed into what’s happening across the state.

If this is true, why would Ole Miss let him coach another snap, especially in the Egg Bowl? Even if he wins and then turns around and leaves, Ole Miss loses. Letting him coach after they know he's leaving is unthinkable.

I'm betting this whole thing is a Jimmy Sexton planted "leak" to get Kiffin even more money at Oxford.

If this is true, why would Ole Miss let him coach another snap, especially in the Egg Bowl? Even if he wins and then turns around and leaves, Ole Miss loses. Letting him coach after they know he's leaving is unthinkable.

I'm betting this whole thing is a Jimmy Sexton planted "leak" to get Kiffin even more money at Oxford.

I'm no lawyer but I'm going to guess contractually they can't just say he's out, and officially he's done nothing to warrant any justified punishment from Ole Miss.

I'm no lawyer but I'm going to guess contractually they can't just say he's out, and officially he's done nothing to warrant any justified punishment from Ole Miss.
I cannot imagine a contract that doesn't allow for termination of a coach when they've agreed to leave for another team. What could look weaker for Ole Miss than being forced to let Kiffin continue to coach even though he's ditching them?

Imagine if Heupel was already known to be going to Auburn, would we want him to continue to coach another down at TN? No way.

VN Store

Back