Atlanta Police walkout

So he lands the shot with the taser, takes the cop's gun and shoots him. Still no big deal though right? Cops bad.

But he didn't and was shot in the back. Any other hypotheticals I can dismiss? You couldn't do this and expect to get away with it, why should the cop be held to a lessor standard?

Reactions: Orange_Crush
But he didn't and was shot in the back. Any other hypotheticals I can dismiss? You couldn't do this and expect to get away with it, why should the cop be held to a lessor standard?
The minute he turned and began to fire he made his choice. When youre in that situation whoever gets the first shot on target wins. The officer doesn't have time to wait and see if he gets hit or not if he does its too late. How about instead we condem
1. Driving drunk
2. Resisting arrest
3. Running from cops
4. Pointing a weapon at officers
At 4 points Brooks couldve stopped and he would be alive right now

Not when an officers life is in danger.

That fool stole a police issued weapon and in the process of fleeing turned and fired it at the officer! GAME OVER AT THAT POINT!!!

Listen Matlock, claiming he was scared for his life while pursuing a dude with a less than lethal weapon is weak. His case and the video will bear that out.

Reactions: Tyler Durden
Keisha and her DA are going to regret this in short order.
I turned on cnn because I figured they’re the only ones covering this being in Atlanta and it was mid interview of the mayor. She seemed to be distancing herself from the DA and dropped in a “well he is in the middle of a run off” when she was asked about any political bias to all of this

I don't know, I see a dead black guy with holes in his back and another cop behind the trigger.

If that's you or me, we'd be in the same predicament. Can't shoot people fleeing.
I have questions. I don’t think this is as open and shut as we may think.
was the officer who shot the one who lost the taser?
If not, did he know for sure it was a taser as tasers look a lot like guns? Do we know for sure that the officer who shot was aware that a taser had even been taken away?
Did the officers have a chance to search the suspect before the fight broke out? Is it possible the officer could have thought it to be a different weapon than the taser? Was there reasons to believe that the suspect had a potential gun, was on drugs, and possibly a danger to others standing around?

What I’d like to see is an investigation handled by an independent agency. Maybe just maybe we should follow the law here.

I have to be honest. I don’t blame them. All that was needed was outside oversight instead we’re getting anarchy.
That's the thing, anytime this gets brought up the cops pitch a 3 year old's hissy fit and refuse to either hold themselves accountable or be held accountable for their actions.

Why should anyone not be held accountable for their own actions ? More self responsibly will decrease all numbers across the board regardless of the category . Don’t want to be charged with shooting a person , don’t shoot people. Don’t want to get shot , tased , or pepper sprayed , don’t act a fool and brawl with the cops . Seems simple enough .

Reactions: tennvols77
2017 Georgia Code
Title 16 - Crimes and Offenses
Chapter 5 - Crimes Against the Person
Article 2 - Assault and Battery
§ 16-5-21. Aggravated assault

Universal Citation: GA Code § 16-5-21 (2017)
  • (a) A person commits the offense of aggravated assault when he or she assaults:

• (1) With intent to murder, to rape, or to rob;
    • (2) With a deadly weapon or with any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in serious bodily injury;
    • (3) With any object, device, or instrument which, when used offensively against a person, is likely to or actually does result in strangulation; or
    • (4) A person or persons without legal justification by discharging a firearm from within a motor vehicle toward a person or persons.
      So either the two officers that were fired for tasing the two subjects used a delay weapon or discharged a firearm within a vehicle. So Mr. Brooks either shot a stolen deadly weapon at the officers or shot a firearm at the officers, Mr. Brooks btw was a dangerous fleeing felon (who was on Parole for a violent crime) with a stolen firearm who actively resisted arrest and assaulted the officers.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
What these cities dont realize is the normal working people and businesses will flee the cities yet again and all that will be left will be criminals and people too poor to escape and that don’t pay taxes

There had been a move to the city because of the eclectic lifestyles more were starting to offer. This pretty much makes you do a double take instead of having cretins burn everything you've worked for.

I know you always come off as the devils advocate which I truly respect, but get lost in that argument. For real dude, you’re not an idiot. He shoots it and turns and proceeds to get shot. Don’t defend the scum. Hate trump, bash conservatives, honestly I respect your statesman opinions. This though, this is ********.

Depends on what he does next. The cop shouldn't have shot the guy, but once a weapon gets pointed, procedures and judgement get dicey.

The minute a weapon gets pointed at you even if you are a cop I’d say all bets are off.

IMHO the guy knew that he more than likely was going back to jail with a DUI considering his record and felt the only way to get out was to run/fight. He took it too far and it wound up costing him his life. It’s terrible all the way around.

VN Store

Back