Athletic Director (womens)

The most over paid person one the hill.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Joan Cronan

Once she is ready to retire, the position will be absolved and their will most likely be just one AD. If it somehow coincides with Summits stepping away from basketball, then she might have a chance to take over, but not sure she would want that job.

Yes, Joan is the AD. I think that Joan, Pat and Holly will probably step away at the same time. Or, reasonably close time frame. Joan is a Hell of a woman and is in great demand as a motivational speaker and at leadership meetings/seminars locally and nationally. She, obviously, has many examples to drawn on from Pat and her teams. She will tell you that she works for Pat. Not meaning that Joan is a pushover in any way, but Pat gets what she needs. It's a great working relationship. The UTK women's Athletic Director position is not in any jeopardy of being eliminated or absorbed. Because of UTK's very diverse athletic programs, one person can not be on top of all of it even with the multitude of assistants available. I honestly believe that when Pat retires that she will continue ties with UTK, but will not want the AD position. She will be a great goodwill ambassador for the entire UTK complex-athletics and academia locally, nationally and internationally.

It just amazes me that she keeps such a low profile and Hamilton is always in the news in one form or another.

Well, on the women's side everything runs pretty smooth all the time. Student athletes are held accountable. Pat, for example, has a directive for her players. One example is-You attend all classes and sit in the first two rows. Don't do it. You don't play. If anyone should ever challenge that, they will not play until they comply. Anyway, Joan has been AD since 1983. Women's athletics is not as high profile as the men's athletics in any arena-amateur or pro. Each has their specific fan base although they do crossover at some points. Different dynamics for each program.

Most underrated person on the Hill. I hate how some "true Vol fans" are Vol fans only for Football and Basketball. Not fans and don't care about other sports and don't give a darn about women's sports and what Coach Summitt has done and does.

Most underrated person on the Hill. I hate how some "true Vol fans" are Vol fans only for Football and Basketball. Not fans and don't care about other sports and don't give a darn about women's sports and what Coach Summitt has done and does.

That goes both ways you know. There are a lot of Lady Vol fans who hate football and wish men's basketball reverts back to the "Wade the Fade" days.

That goes both ways you know. There are a lot of Lady Vol fans who hate football and wish men's basketball reverts back to the "Wade the Fade" days.

Enjoy your band.

If you are a U of T fan you are fans of all sports, and at least pull for them when you happen to have the opportunity. I follow the main sports plus baseball, softball, field & track, soccer, volleyball and keep in touch with golf & tennis. I don't see how you can be a Vols fan without wanting any team to do well. It doesn't mean you have to like that sport, just support the team. Otherwise you are just a UT football fan or a Lady Vols fan, not a full Vols fan

nothing like a bunch of people on a message board telling others how they should spend there free time. I say we should all spend less time on message boards. follow what you enjoy and don't worry so much about what other people follow.

nothing like a bunch of people on a message board telling others how they should spend there free time. I say we should all spend less time on message boards. follow what you enjoy and don't worry so much about what other people follow.

Nothing like someone telling a bunch of people on a message board they shouldn't be telling others how to spend their free time. I agree you should spend less time on message boards.

I know this is way off subject, but if anyone has the opportunity to hear Flipside Runner, do yourself a favor and go see them. They put on a high energy, beyond awesome show. They are based in Nashville and have a large following.

VN Store

Back