At least we still screwed Kentucky out of a 1 seed

All we did was fold and give more proof that we’re still not a championship caliber team or program. No way to spin it otherwise. Definitely not surprising.

Reactions: CAVPUT
Well I don't think you'll see Tennessee and Kentucky in the same bracket now.

We either get the 1 seed in the West or the 2 seed in the West or Louisville. I almost want Kentucky to play in Louisville and see how hostile the crowd is.

This game will remind the players that anybody can beat then when they play sh!tty.

I guess it's easier to win 6 in a row than to win 9 in a row. That's about the closest I can come to a silver lining.

Well I don't think you'll see Tennessee and Kentucky in the same bracket now.

We either get the 1 seed in the West or the 2 seed in the West or Louisville. I almost want Kentucky to play in Louisville and see how hostile the crowd is.

This game will remind the players that anybody can beat then when they play sh!tty.

I guess it's easier to win 6 in a row than to win 9 in a row. That's about the closest I can come to a silver lining.

UK playing in Louisville will be as "hostile" as when Cal made his first trip back to Memphis (i.e. it will be 75% UK fans)....

Reactions: Aesius
Doesn't really bother me all that much. It would have been nice, but looking at some of the potential matchups, I'm not sure there was much advantage to being No. 1 out West.
Yeah, I dont think Gonzaga has a very easy go of it. (if that is where we'd be) I like our seeding better.

Doesn't really bother me all that much. It would have been nice, but looking at some of the potential matchups, I'm not sure there was much advantage to being No. 1 out West.
We’ve discussed this a few weeks ago but what bothers me isn’t the seeding stuff, what bothers me is not getting the championship when it was right there for the taking. Now this team has to do some heavy damage in the big dance to even be considered the greatest team we’ve had. Certainly possible but winning the sec championship( especially after getting by Kentucky yesterday) was the far more attainable goal than making a final four run. I hope they do it but will just be a shame for this squad to basically have nothing tangible accomplished by the end of the season.

We screwed ourselves out of a 1 seed today. I care more about that...
Disappointed but this tournament is all about matchups and location. I'd rather be where we are than 1 seed out west. Don't get me wrong I'd like the prestige if a one seed and SEC tournament championship. But looking at how this played out we came out in best possible way

Could have just as easily been a 2 seed even if we won. I think the committee really wanted Virginia, Duke and North Carolina as one seeds

For me, the seeding never was the issue. I wanted a "championship". Regular season meant the most to me, but even the SECT title would have been rewarding. Those are things that go into the books. Just disappointing.

Reactions: HighWaterVol
Could have just as easily been a 2 seed even if we won. I think the committee really wanted Virginia, Duke and North Carolina as one seeds

We no doubt would have been a 2 seed if we'd beaten Auburn, but we'd still be champions.

For me, the seeding never was the issue. I wanted a "championship". Regular season meant the most to me, but even the SECT title would have been rewarding. Those are things that go into the books. Just disappointing.
Same.

VN Store

Back