At least one positive from last night

texas_vol2

Horston! Horston! Horston!

She is a pleasure to watch. With Ucon keying on her she still put on an awesome show!

I started thinking this morning that this was a tough loss. Then I thought about what Ucon had sitting on the bench :( If they ever field a whole team they are going to do more than get to a final 4.

She is a pleasure to watch. With Ucon keying on her she still put on an awesome show!

I started thinking this morning that this was a tough loss. Then I thought about what Ucon had sitting on the bench :( If they ever field a whole team they are going to do more than get to a final 4.
Aubrey Griffin is an excellent defender on and off the ball, and Horston still was able to score at an efficient clip. She was great last night...probably the best game I've ever seen her play.

And Horston did all that while laboring to breathe the entire time she was in the floor. After seeing and hearing that, and watching how she went ahead and put her team on her back anyway, it seared her in my mind forever as a Lady Vol Legend.

Her jersey deserves to hang in the rafters of TBA someday. And if I'm alive, I'll be there for the ceremony. Love that kid!

The only silver lining from last night is it was closer than it should have been. Out coached from the tip. Out manned by a short handed team. Lady Vols have fallen to mid tier level at best. Dont confuse the win streak against lesser teams as the Lady Vols being back. Long way to go. How many more losses like this against the top tier teams will it take for the fan base that keeps looking for the silver lining to understand our girls are not SEC too tier across the board like the SC, UCONN and Stanfords anymore.

The only silver lining from last night is it was closer than it should have been. Out coached from the tip. Out manned by a short handed team. Lady Vols have fallen to mid tier level at best. Dont confuse the win streak against lesser teams as the Lady Vols being back. Long way to go. How many more losses like this against the top tier teams will it take for the fan base that keeps looking for the silver lining to understand our girls are not SEC too tier across the board like the SC, UCONN and Stanfords anymore.
Stanford and UConn aren’t in SEC. We will do fine in conference.

Granted, we are not in the top 3/4 in the nation. (But that has been true for a number of years and is not to be laid at Kelly or the current teams feet as if it is of their making.) But we are not chopped liver (uggg).
We are a respectable 5-7 seed. (Losing 2 players for the season and others having missed games as well.)
Let's give the coaches and girls some more rope to play with ... and show some patience with these athletes. They are still trying to iron out ... unanticipated deviations from the plan.

I think they keyed on Rickea with all the double teams, but Jordan was aggressive last night, we need her to be like that every game.

Granted, we are not in the top 3/4 in the nation. (But that has been true for a number of years and is not to be laid at Kelly or the current teams feet as if it is of their making.) But we are not chopped liver (uggg).
We are a respectable 5-7 seed. (Losing 2 players for the season and others having missed games as well.)
Let's give the coaches and girls some more rope to play with ... and show some patience with these athletes. They are still trying to iron out ... unanticipated deviations from the plan.
Look i get it. We can compete with the Alabamas and Floridas of the SEC but we arent close to contending for a final four. We just dont have the horses to get in that race.

Defense was terrible! If we play UCONN 20 times, we lose them all!! Even with 4 really good players out, they are much better than us!!

She was the player I worried about the most heading into the game but I have to give her massive credit. Both the JHs are the only ones who really balled out last night...

Can’t believe the great one hasn’t responded to this post. Y’all know who I’m talking about.

I agree with you. Horston is one of my favorites. It was hard to watch her in the press conference talking about trying to figure out what else she needs to do to help this team. She already gives her heart and soul to this team, so she is the last person that this teams needs greater commitment from.

If I’m Danny White, I’d take a look at Teri Moren. Has done a great job at a school that really has no women’s basketball support and does the best with the recruits that she has been getting. Has won more games, made an elite eight and I think a few sweet sixteens with nowhere near the support UT has. Has her current team in the mix for a 1 seed at 20-1. You’d probably not have to break the bank to pull her away from IU.

Her resume looks good. But she isn't the home run hire that folks want - Like Mulkey.

Her resume looks good. But she isn't the home run hire that folks want - Like Mulkey.

Who is?

I'd love the Moren hire. I don't really care if it's a "home run" hire. I want a really good coach. Danny White has a history of hiring really good coaches. Media and fans get more enamored with the press conference hire.

The other positive, stand on business has not so mysteriously disappeared...
Guess he didn't make it back Thursday after all. The newer, temporarily nicer MississippiVol was unable to hide his true colors. I look forward to his next re-incarnation.

Reactions: Darth_Vol

VN Store

Back