At +34.5, this would tie for the 6th biggest upset in college football history...

wtmvol

Only 5 bigger upsets have ever occurred in college football, and really only 3 of those involved power conference teams (2 of those being teams in the old Big East that weren't true power conference at the time):

1) Stanford over USC (-40.5) 2007
2) Syracuse over Louisville (-37) 2007
3) Temple over Virginia Tech (-35.5) 1998

This is not the fault of any of the players or coaches currently on our team. This is just another in a long line of indictments of our program's "leadership" over the past 11-12 years. Pruitt is certainly accountable for his team's results against our rivals, but not against Alabama, not yet anyway. I'll of course be pulling for the biggest upset in SEC history, but the ingredients that seem to be necessary to do that aren't really in our pantry.

I can only hope that when Saban retires, Alabama is even half as stupid as our leadership was in getting the next coach, and we can start to flip the script a little. It wasn't that long ago, after all, that we were blessed with the 3 Mikes (DuBose, "It's rolling baby" Price, Shula).

So it’s happened before...
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

A Tennessee win this weekend would rank up there with Rulon Gardner's defeat of Aleksandr Karelin in the Olympics. It would be bigly. I'll hang up an listen.

Reactions: joevol33 and vols40
I can only hope that when Saban retires, Alabama is even half as stupid as our leadership was in getting the next coach, and we can start to flip the script a little. It wasn't that long ago, after all, that we were blessed with the 3 Mikes (DuBose, "It's rolling baby" Price, Shula).[/QUOTE]

Bamer made their own mistakes hiring football coaches too and hopefully they will do it again. People forget they offered Rich Rod the job BEFORE offering Saban.
I

Reactions: BanditVol
Well, after this weekend, Tennessee should be competitive in the rest of their games. At least no more 34.5 point underdogs.

Pruitt’s got this game with Bama, he has a pocket full of mice to run those big Elephants off the field
Go Vols

VN Store

Back