Assistant Coach Samantha Williams

New Assistant Samantha Williams already being followed by some key Tennessee recruits. The future is bright for the Tennessee Lady Vols.

This is an almost unbelievable and fantastic hire in women's basketball for the Lady Vols. Williams has a fantastic record as a coach and recruiting coordinator at Duke and Louisville from 2007 to 2019 before taking the head coaching job at Eastern Kentucky University...she turned that program around in her first year. Playing for Auburn under Joe Ciampi she was a great player and at the time when now coach Kelly Jolly Harper and her husband were at Auburn too. This is the greatest news possible for the Lady Vols.

I checked the board a little while ago and quickly logged off again. I thought, "Give yourself a few more minutes to wake up, because you're obviously still dreaming."

Gave myself a few minutes before logging back in and ...

NOPE. Not just a dream, it's real! Kellie just made one of the best assisting coach hires EVER in women's basketball.

But seriously, kidding about logging in and out, but NOT kidding about the hire. I can't think of anyone with better qualifications for the job, and I cannot WAIT to see her on the sidelines coaching up players she's probably already busy recruiting for Tennessee. I'm elated!

VN Store

Back