Asking a favor

Why does it bother posters if others post negative stuff in a game thread? Just ignore it. They are just reacting to what is happening at that moment. It doesn't mean anyone is down on the program.

Don't let the negative posts get to you.

BTW, if Georgia scores 1st, then "ball game"

In all honesty, if we get handed a loss tomorrow, no matter the fashion, I will walk away with a smile on my face knowing it's the last time they will win for another 5 years.

Reactions: RanMac
I’m not telling anyone how to think, but I’m begging if tomorrow, Tennessee gets beat (handily) that we won’t be negative. I know we all have been hearing the same thing for a decade in regards to rebuilding but I honestly think we lucked up on coach Heupel.

I want to see an upset like everyone else but the reality is Georgia has a much superior roster.

Coach Heupel and this team have beaten the teams they were supposed to.

Tomorrow, please don’t get on here and bitch about a loss. If Tennessee wins tomorrow it will be a major upset. If They don’t win, let’s look forward to the future and support the players and coaches.

Just my 2 cents. Go Vols!

Out of emotion I’m going to start a thread entitled: Did we hire the right guy?

😂 Just kidding!

we should go 7-5 this season. looking back, we shoulda, coulda won against Pittsburg for one. We look good. When you take in to account the reduced number of scholarship players on the roster, 7-5 and being competitive is a great year. I for one hope we can keep the core of this staff together to actually build with. I feel much better about UT's future than i did this time last year. Go Vols and give the dawgs a game!

If we get beat 50-0, it still won’t change how I feel about how this year has gone. This team and Heupel has exceeded my wildest expectation this season already. Given the attrition in the offseason, I thought we would possibly go 0-8 in the SEC this season.

Now, do I think it will be 50-0? Not from the product I’ve seen put on the field this season.

Go Vols!
Are you really saying that if UGA shuts the Vols out while hanging 50 on them, in Knoxville, during a game with this much Tennessee-hype, you won't think of the team or season differently? I get that you're probably exaggerating a little. But I have to think there is point at which the way the Vols lose says something about the state of the team.

I’m not telling anyone how to think, but I’m begging if tomorrow, Tennessee gets beat (handily) that we won’t be negative. I know we all have been hearing the same thing for a decade in regards to rebuilding but I honestly think we lucked up on coach Heupel.

I want to see an upset like everyone else but the reality is Georgia has a much superior roster.

Tomorrow, please don’t get on here and bitch about a loss. If Tennessee wins tomorrow it will be a major upset. If They don’t win, let’s look forward to the future and support the players and coaches.

People will get on here and bitch about a win. Nature of the beast.

But I like your attitude! Go Vols!!!!

I honestly don't know how any reasonable person could be the least bit unhappy about this season to date. We've been competitive in every game. Won one(UK) we shouldn't have. Lost a couple we could have won vs better teams(Ole Miss and Pitt). The job this staff has done with this roster has been impressive. Today we play a team that simply outclasses us at every starting position and with their second teams. One of the best defenses in almost 30 years. We're worn down, injured and flat beaten up. The only complaining that might be warranted would be a loss to S. Ala or Vandy, but that assumes UT comes out of todays game with all our players intact and upright which is, by far, my biggest concern. If we have another bama like performance where we hang with them for a half before we're running on fumes, I'll be thrilled. I don't expect us to come anywhere close to beating UGA. Just play hard and come out healthy. That's my hope for today.

Are you really saying that if UGA shuts the Vols out while hanging 50 on them, in Knoxville, during a game with this much Tennessee-hype, you won't think of the team or season differently? I get that you're probably exaggerating a little. But I have to think there is point at which the way the Vols lose says something about the state of the team.

That's exactly what I'm saying, but like I said, I doubt that happens.

This team overachieved most people’s predictions already. Remember we’re only a couple blown Playa away from being 7-2 right now. Today will be a tough challenge. Win or lose I suspect we see 60 minutes of solid effort and heart.

I'm personally avoiding VN boards once the game starts. I tend to enjoy the games more win or lose when I do that. Sad to say, but there are a LOT of toxic posters on the site.

VN Store

Back