• We've had an issue with our name servers today that may be affecting a number of users from accessing the site.

Make fun of souce for watching Beverley Hills 90210, Buffy, Hannah Montana, other girly shows. Ain't axing him nothin Thread.

tenor.gif
He was eccentric, but a good dude. I learned alot of my trade from him. He told me he was writing a book about two boys that were abducted by aliens, I never gave it a second thought at the time.

Are you, are you
Coming to the tree
They strung up a man
They say who murdered three
Strange things did happen here
No stranger would it be
If we met at midnight
In the hanging tree

Speaking of random, some shows that debuted when I was in the 4th grade.

Alice
Baa Baa Black Sheep
Battle of the Network Stars
The Bionic Womam
The Captain and Tennille
Charlie's Angels
Family
Family Feud
The Gong Show
In Search of
Laverne & Shirley
The McLean Stevenson Show
The Muppet Show
Quincy, M.E.
Rich Man, Poor Man miniseries
Tabitha
What's Happening
Oh dear...

Fourth or fifth grade for me were original Star Trek and Man from U.N.C.L.E.

I think they also started Peyton Place and something else with 45-minute back-to-back shows, although I was way too wrapped up in Mr. Spock and Ilya Kuryakin (David McCallum) to care.

If you listen hard, you can hear my dad in the background, jonesing for a color TV!

edited the shoes bit
--but it was really weird having shows that started at (for instance) 8:30 run to 9:15, and then the next one run from 9:15 to 10:30. Note: this was when there were four TV channels available because we were in the fancy-schmancy Washington DC market, and we thought that we were in high cotton to have the fourth channel beyond NBC, ABC, and CBS, although it mainly ran old movies and The Three Stooges.

Last edited:
When I was in 4th grade i had no interest in tv, only the new girl at school Jennifer. She was beautiful, and I had me a crush. We did the whole boyfriend/girlfriend thing as kids. I had no idea that as the years went on she would become one of my best friends. We were so close in high school that anyone we were seeing would sometimes get jealous of our relationship. I actually converted her to a Tennessee fan, held her when her momma had to go away for addiction, and comforted her when her high school crush turned out to be gay. We still keep in touch, and she still looks like the girl who walked in class that day in 4th grade. The 4th grade stuff just reminded me.

I bought my kids one of Atari systems they came out with a couple of years ago. I played it more than them😆

VN Store

Back