Ask Behr anything about anything not related to food

And who says while nice and isn't educational? I just learnt potatoes have bones! Lol 😁

Daughter’s boyfrand said he would make some teriyaki chicken on the grill and I said I would get the ingredients from Kroger. Got chicken thighs and Kikkoman teriyaki sauce...
841AD352-5313-4AF3-8AC8-69BD26ED5351.jpeg

After a while he brought the bottle in my room and said are you sure you want to use this, it’s so strong. Said the stuff he usually uses is thick like barbecue sauce and not as strong a smell. 😳

Reactions: malinoisvol
Daughter’s boyfrand said he would make some teriyaki chicken on the grill and I said I would get the ingredients from Kroger. Got chicken thighs and Kikkoman teriyaki sauce...
View attachment 285267

After a while he brought the bottle in my room and said are you sure you want to use this, it’s so strong. Said the stuff he usually uses is thick like barbecue sauce and not as strong a smell. 😳

That's more of a marinade, but it won't be too strong.

That's more of a marinade, but it won't be too strong.
I would’ve thought a marinade is what you would want to put on it for the grill. Was I wrong? What’s the deal with the thick stuff he’s talking about?

I would’ve thought a marinade is what you would want to put on it for the grill. Was I wrong? What’s the deal with the thick stuff he’s talking about?
The thick stuff has honey and or corn starch and has been reduced, cooked down.

You could doctor that up a little. If you have some honey add some.

Any of the following will make it better too. Garlic, sesame oil, ginger, pineapple juice.

Reactions: volfanbill
O'Charley's chicken teriyaki was like that. It was marinated in a real thin teriyaki sauce and grilled. A lot of homemade sauce is just that, a sauce. Its more of a finishing ingredient.

Reactions: Souce
The thick stuff has honey and or corn starch and has been reduced, cooked down.

You could doctor that up a little. If you have some honey add some.

Any of the following will make it better too. Garlic, sesame oil, ginger, pineapple juice.
Or all

@Behr cooking brats tonight. Do you recommend the "boil in beer" before finishing on the grill method? I typically just cook them on the grill.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back