Culinary, Arts, Thread.

My AC is out.

It is too freaking hot here to not have AC.

May sleep in the pool.
At one point back in 1974, I had strep throat and a fever of 103+. Couldn’t sleep in my room on the fifth floor in (unairconditioned) Hess Hall due to the heat, so I went to Melrose and curled up on a pool table in hopes of getting some sleep in a halfway cool location.

The RA’s kindly and regretfully - but firmly - threw me out. (This despite the fact that I was a regular in the pool hall, lol.)

I have had an undying love of AC from this time on.

No idea if either Melrose or The Zoo still exist. I turn 65 in three weeks, and the world has moved onward...

At one point back in 1974, I had strep throat and a fever of 103+. Couldn’t sleep in my room on the fifth floor in (unairconditioned) Hess Hall due to the heat, so I went to Melrose and curled up on a pool table in hopes of getting some sleep in a halfway cool location.

The RA’s kindly and regretfully - but firmly - threw me out. (This despite the fact that I was a regular in the pool hall, lol.)

I have had an undying love of AC from this time on.

No idea if either Melrose or The Zoo still exist. I turn 65 in three weeks, and the world has moved onward...
I believe Hess was still without air conditioning when I was at UT in the mid 2000s. Could be wrong though...I just know that nobody wanted to live there at the time.

Hess had ac in the 80s but it was like hotel units under the windows. iirc

Hess didn't have AC in the early 2000's. Still had to open the windows for airflow or go to the on floor lounge to bask in the window units. Had plenty of heat thru the radiators with fans under the windows, but not cool air. I believe they did get AC in at or around 2009-11 while my sister was there. Totally killed the atmosphere of the "zoo" because no one had their windows open yelling crude things at you while you walked through the courtyard or along the front of the building. Also, no music pumping into the courtyard at all hours of the day.

Reactions: VolNExile
tenor.gif
@joevol33

VN Store

Back