Culinary, Arts, Thread.

Uno, dos, one, two, tres, quatro
Matty told Hatty about a thing she saw.
Had two big horns and a wooly jaw.
Wooly bully, wooly bully.
Wooly bully, Wooly bully, Wooly bully

AC is new to me again as you know having lived in the Bay Area. Can’t imagine not having it now. I went 14 years without, 4 years with and then 4 years without.
When we lived in Point Richmond, we rented an old Victorian at the top of a steep hill right off the Bay, with continual breezes. I worked at home, and I used to sneak the heat on in the morning because I was cold. In July.

We couldn’t grow tomatoes. We had enough sun, but not enough heat.

Boy, I miss that!

Reactions: NorCalVol67
When we lived in Point Richmond, we rented an old Victorian at the top of a steep hill right off the Bay, with continual breezes. I worked at home, and I used to sneak the heat on in the morning because I was cold. In July.

We couldn’t grow tomatoes. We had enough sun, but not enough heat.

Boy, I miss that!

Went to Up and Under a fair amount when I lived in Marina Bay, that was a funny place.

Reactions: VolNExile
Went to Up and Under a fair amount when I lived in Marina Bay, that was a funny place.
Were all the tables lacquered with the extra-sticky finish then?

I still haven't figured out rugby, but it's less mystifying than Australian Rules football. 30+ years ago, ESPN carried that in the middle of the night, and I used to drag out my mad algebra skillz in an attempt to figure out in my head how it was scored, while trying to get fractious babies back to sleep.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
Were all the tables lacquered with the extra-sticky finish then?

I still haven't figured out rugby, but it's less mystifying than Australian Rules football. 30+ years ago, ESPN carried that in the middle of the night, and I used to drag out my mad algebra skillz in an attempt to figure out in my head how it was scored, while trying to get fractious babies back to sleep.

I watched enough Aussie Rules Football in the early days of ESPN that I actually kinda figured it out.

tenor.gif

Yesterday I got to wanting some red beans and rice. So I went to a local butcher and got a couple of links of house-made andouille and beautiful smoked ham hock. Found some small red dry beans at the grocery store along with broth, etc.

I started at 10:15 this morning and they are already done. I cooked them in my Ninja Foodi. Cut the sausage into rings and put a quick sear on them. Let the hock go for a while, as well. Put the meat on a plave. Diced up onion, green pepper, and celery and sauteed for a few minutes. Added 3 cloves of chopped garlic and Creole seasoning. Put the hock back in along with the dried beans 1 quart of low sodium stock, 3 cups of water, some crushed red, and 2 bay leaves. Pressure cooked for 15 minutes. Released the steam. Added the andouille and pressure cooked for another 20 minutes and let the pressure release naturally.

Letting them cool down a bit before I dive in. Took about 2 hours start to finish.
Red Beans.jpg

Can the rice be cooked in the pot as well, or do you have to do it on the side?

I still haven't convinced myself to give up precious counter space to one of these gadgets, and if I store it away, it will never get used. * cough * food processor * cough * crock pot

Reactions: Boca Vol
Can the rice be cooked in the pot as well, or do you have to do it on the side?

I still haven't convinced myself to give up precious counter space to one of these gadgets, and if I store it away, it will never get used. * cough * food processor * cough * crock pot

You can cook just about anything in the Foodi. It's basically an insta-pot with an air-fryer. It's pretty big, My wife calls it R2D2.

I store it away but it's easy to get to.

Reactions: VolNExile
You can cook just about anything in the Foodi. It's basically an insta-pot with an air-fryer. It's pretty big, My wife calls it R2D2.

I store it away but it's easy to get to.

That's real nice, but you got any remodeling going on?

VN Store

Back