Culinary, Arts, Thread.

They’re not good now? What changed?

I haven’t been in a long time, but it got inconsistent. When I still lived there they had two purveyors for the ribs, one was noticeably better than the other.

Also, they expanded. I almost always think it goes downhill after that.

I did love going there back in the day though.

Rendezvous was the first time I had dry rub ribs (I had never heard of them before.)

When they served them, I thought they had fallen into the fire and dried up.

I'm a Central BBQ, Corky's, and Germantown Commissary girl myself. And DH's, of course! <- I finally convinced him to cook them to dentures-in-the-water-glass tenderness (you don't need teeth to eat them.)

Rendezvous was the first time I had dry rub ribs (I had never heard of them before.)

When they served them, I thought they had fallen into the fire and dried up.

I'm a Central BBQ, Corky's, and Germantown Commissary girl myself. And DH's, of course! <- I finally convinced him to cook them to dentures-in-the-water-glass tenderness (you don't need teeth to eat them.)

I’m with ya on Central and the Commissary, but not Corky’s. Used to like Three Little Pigs as well.

Leonard’s was great when I was a kid.

There was another one I liked in the 80’s early 90’s. Willinghams or something like that I think. My brain not so good anymore.

Last edited:
Reactions: VolNExile
I’m with ya on Central and the Commissary, but not Corky’s. Used to like Three Little Pigs as well.

Leonard’s was great when I was a kid.

There was another one I liked in the 80’s early 90’s. Willinghams or something like that I think. My brain not so good anymore.

John Willingham died in 2013. You can still order his sauces and rubs, though.

My wife marinated back ribs in warm Mojo, scraped off the clinging marinade, sprinkled dry seasonings on them, slow cooked them with hickory smoke, then finished them with a caramelized glaze of Stubbs BBQ sauce. They were so popular, they were for breakfast the morning after they were for dinner.

Commissary ftw

Not to get Behr worked up this late at night, but I don’t care how good the meats are, there’s nothing good about a dry sammich. I’ll put mayo on a sammich before I eat one dry.

Commissary ftw

Not to get Behr worked up this late at night, but I don’t care how good the meats are, there’s nothing good about a dry sammich. I’ll put mayo on a sammich before I eat one dry.

Why would I get worked up about that? I already said that was goofy, It wasn't a well thought out comment at all. She must've been hitting the peach wine pretty hard.

Haha, Hale yea!!!

Reactions: 508mikey
b3174c4cedad15c4ba7333ea94cc095b.jpg
@Souce

Reactions: joevol33
Why would I get worked up about that? I already said that was goofy, It wasn't a well thought out comment at all. She must've been hitting the peach wine pretty hard.

Haha, Hale yea!!!

I know how you get when someone from the anti mayo crowd gives any sort of compliment to mayo

Commissary ftw

I'd use mustard before mayo on a dry sandwich. Although if it is a dry sandwich, I don't want it to begin with.

I know how you get when someone from the anti mayo crowd gives any sort of compliment to mayo

I'm glad you know how I get cause I don't.

Can you image how "crappy" a biscuit would have to be for somebody to put chocolate chips in them?

BBQ sauce isn't a condiment when you are using it as part of cooking. It's an ingredient.

I guess if you dump a half bottle on ribs sitting on a plate on the table as if it were ketchup, it's a condiment, but that's not the way to use BBQ sauce IMUO. (in my uppity opinion)

BBQ sauce isn't a condiment when you are using it as part of cooking. It's an ingredient.

I guess if you dump a half bottle on ribs sitting on a plate on the table as if it were ketchup, it's a condiment, but that's not the way to use BBQ sauce IMUO. (in my uppity opinion)

I thought we were further along than this. Haha.

VN Store

Back