Culinary, Arts, Thread.

2-bbq-chicken.jpg

@Behr , Calhouns had seared Ahi Tuna as an appetizer. I didnt see it as a main course on the menu.

I think I'm gonna order it next time along with some grilled shrimp and call it a meal.

If you have a good fish market nearby, do it at home. It is awesome. Really good seared with pepper or sesame seeds.
Makes my mouth water thinking about seared Ahi Tuna. Had to type "seared Ahi Tuna" so I wouldn't be quoted in that other thread. :D

Reactions: Behr
I've told it before but I eat it almost everyday. I like it cold best and usually have a couple of pieces in my fridge ready to eat. I never get tired of it.

I haven’t bought any to prepare at home since I have been here, need to get back on that kick. There was a Japanese fish market in Berkeley that had great Tuna that I went to often.

I haven’t bought any to prepare at home since I have been here, need to get back on that kick. There was a Japanese fish market in Berkeley that had great Tuna that I went to often.

You can have tuna just like in those two pictures with ahi bought frozen from Publix, Costco and Walmart. Some Sushi places, like Blu Sushi use the very same product. Its all the same IQF product and I prefer it over the dark big eye fresh thats sold as "Fresh Never Frozen". You can thaw it and eat it raw.

Reactions: NorCalVol67
That top picture is the way I like it best, seasoned and seared in a super hot skillet. The bottom is seared on the grill. Melt in your mouth excellence either way. IMO.

VN Store

Back