Ashley Smith (Trey's sister) named Assistant AD for Player Relations & Development

kamoshika

Tennessee Director of Athletics Phillip Fulmer announced Tuesday that Ashley Smith has been promoted to Assistant Athletics Director for Player Relations & Development. Fulmer had previously promoted Smith to the post of Director for Student-Athlete Development in May of 2018. Smith steps into the vacancy created when former Assistant AD Dr. Mikki Allen was named Director of Athletics at Tennessee State in April. The position has been slightly modified to work more closely alongside head football coach Jeremy Pruitt.

In Smith's new Expanded Senior Staff role, the Tennessee graduate will oversee the football program's comprehensive VFL programming initiatives. Highlighting those efforts is a comprehensive development assistance system for Tennessee football student-athletes that guides them from enrollment through their transition to post-football professional careers.

..."Ashley has an extremely impressive professional track record and she's a born leader," Fulmer said. "She leaves things better than she finds them. As we discussed her vision for this position over the past several weeks, she articulated a comprehensive plan to take our VFL programming to the next level. I talk a lot about the importance of developing our own—building leaders from within. Ashley's a prime example of someone who bleeds orange and has worked their way up the ranks. I'm very confident in her ability to bring people together to accomplish great things because she's already proven herself here at Tennessee."
Ashley Smith Elevated to Assistant AD for Player Relations & Development - University of Tennessee Athletics

That’s how you build an outstanding organization folks, you find outstanding people who are more committed to the organization than you are, as talented and passionate as you are, People with passion and integrity. Great hire. Every great hire means wins, and every bad hire means loses. This was a great hire, promotion.

She has always left things better than she finds them. As a older elementary kid in school daycare, she always made time for the younger ones (including my kid) and made them feel special. I would bet 100% that she did not get this job as "Trey's sister" but as "Ashley Smith" who was very deserving of the job and will do fantastic at it.

Very proud of the Smith family... What a pair of role models those two are... It's seriously very impressive...

Reactions: rbjnet
Ashley Smith is showing great courage since she knows only her work will squash the "Trey's sister" syndrome. Congrats, Ashley!

That’s how you build with on all pint
n outstanding organization folks, you find outstanding people who are more committed to the organization than you are, as talented and passionate as you are, People with passion and integrity. Great hire. Every great hire means wins, and every bad hire means loses. This was a great hire, promotion.
I totally agree with you on all points except, I don’t believe Fulmer would ever find an employee more committed to UT than himself.

I've know Ashley for several years and she's always been a special lady. She is so much like her late Mom.

Congrats Ashley....Well deserved.

Reactions: Dumbledorange
According to today's KNS.

Solid Move By UT and this will bring stability to that position.

VN Store

Back