As of today, 4/24, what is your season-ending expectation?

I listened to a podcast with Brian Pensky, the UT soccer coach.
He was asked if his team can take it to the next level and win it all.

I loved is answer.

He said winning it all is hard.

You gotta be good.
You gotta be lucky.
You gotta be healthy.
You gotta have an amazing culture.

Everyone knows Tennessee is good and has an amazing culture, they play for each other, support each other and love each other. Hopefully we can stay healthy and have some luck go our way.
I can’t believe I typed this out last night and this morning Brian Pensky leaves Tennessee for the most prestigious and most storied program in The NCAA. I sure hope the same thing doesn’t happen with Tony Vitello.

I can’t believe I typed this out last night and this morning Brian Pensky leaves Tennessee for the most prestigious and most storied program in The NCAA. I sure hope the same thing doesn’t happen with Tony Vitello.
….eeesh. Scary thought.

Reactions: taylorvol
I've learned to limit my expectations of others, and to save them for myself. (Not that I meet them all the time). But I still have hopes and dreams, both for myself and others, and I have high hopes and dreams for this team.

I think it almost a foregone conclusion now that we will win the SEC regular season, even if we lose 4 of the next 12 we will clinch without help from the teams trailing us. So, I 'expect' to win that one. For the others, I dare not say what my hopes are for fear of the jinx. i'm sure we all share them.

I would definitely consider North Carolina the most storied program in the NCAA. Haven't they won about 75% of all national championships ever played?

Reactions: MAD
I would find an SEC regular season championship ring, an SEC tournament championship ring, and a World Series CHampionship ring and put them in the middle of the locker room with a sign that said you could own one of each this year if you just stay focused. One game at a time, one championship at a time. Lose focus, lose ring.

As good as this team can be I'm hopeful to see them in the Championship game.
I really like this teams chances in a three game series.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I would definitely consider North Carolina the most storied program in the NCAA. Haven't they won about 75% of all national championships ever played?
You are not wrong but the last 10-15 years it’s been FSU.

Last edited:
@lvocd
Turbo says it best
If you'd said "the current best program," then ... maybe? But "most storied"? That's a term reserved for a program that has shown longterm greatness. I guarantee you that since 1987 there have been far, FAR more soccer-playing little girls who have dreamed of someday growing up to be a Tarheel than there have being a Seminole.

What is Vitello's new salary? If we paid Pensky a third of what Vitello is making--and let's keep in mind that baseball is a non-revenue sport, essentially--he'd still be coaching the Vols. Pensky was probably making about $250K and will be getting $400+K at FSU. It's peanuts when you talk about top-notch coaches. Our swimming coach is way underpaid--two SEC titles for the women in the last 3 years. Non-revenue sports don't bring in the cash, I get that, but they are prestigious nationally---good PR.

Reactions: MAD
Once upon a time, I would’ve considered anything short of a championship, a disappointment or failure.
Older, wiser and much more handsome me, is going to just buckle up and enjoy one of the most fun, exciting seasons I’ve ever had, watching a Tennessee sport!
GBO!!

If you'd said "the current best program," then ... maybe? But "most storied"? That's a term reserved for a program that has shown longterm greatness. I guarantee you that since 1987 there have been far, FAR more soccer-playing little girls who have dreamed of someday growing up to be a Tarheel than there have being a Seminole.

Once upon a time, I would’ve considered anything short of a championship, a disappointment or failure.
Older, wiser and much more handsome me, is going to just buckle up and enjoy one of the most fun, exciting seasons I’ve ever had, watching a Tennessee sport!
GBO!!

Good lord, how ugly were you in your younger, less wise days.

Guaranteed!
GBO!!

Reactions: chuckiepoo
My expectations have already been exceeded. We out here breaking records that have been around since my grandma was 2. Whatever happens from here is icing on the cake.

That being said, let’s go win the whole f’n thing
Yo momma so old...
Sorry, wrong thread.
🤷‍♂️
GBO!!

Reactions: LordVOLdemort
It’s crazy looking back at their history. From 1982-2000 they won all but 3 of the national championships. They were the national runner-up in 2 out of the 3 years they didn’t win. Contender for the most dynastic run in the history of sports right there.

It’s crazy looking back at their history. From 1982-2000 they won all but 3 of the national championships. They were the national runner-up in 2 out of the 3 years they didn’t win. Contender for the most dynastic run in the history of sports right there.
No doubt, they’re up there with UCLA basketball and Alabama football.
GBO!!

VN Store

Back