As Much Hell As I Give Pearl...

5-15 is not pathetic? Surely you don't believe your own devil's advocate drivel.
What was Mike Shanhan's record with the Raiders? What was Bill Walsh's record in his first 20 games as an NFL head coach? I'm simply objective enough to realize when a guy took over an awful situation and left it better than he found it. You, on the other hand, are the type of orange overall wearing sheep who will be claiming, after Kiffin inevitably wins big at SC while Dooley proves to the fool those of us with a modicum of intelligence know he will be, that it's all because of what Pete Carroll left in place for Lane.

What was Mike Shanhan's record with the Raiders? What was Bill Walsh's record in his first 20 games as an NFL head coach? I'm simply objective enough to realize when a guy took over an awful situation and left it better than he found it. You, on the other hand, are the type of orange overall wearing sheep who will be claiming, after Kiffin inevitably wins big at SC while Dooley proves to the fool those of us with a modicum of intelligence know he will be, that it's all because of what Pete Carroll left in place for Lane.

Why would you say the man is a fool without giving him some time to prove himself?

Fair enough,but I will at least give him a chance to prove himself before I completely give up on him.

Interesting Hat, what exactly leads you to believe that Dooley is a fool or will fail at Tennessee? I haven't seen him do anything foolish or lose any games for us. Hmmm, I must have missed it.

Last edited:
How is that proof that CDD will fail here? It is speculation. Im not saying I believe he will dominate or bring us to the top immediately but shouldn't we give him a chance to coach before declaring him a fool?

Refresh my memory, since you talked about Iowa, why did Alford leave for the desert anyway??

It's been awhile.

I think Drew is a good coach. What he has done with Baylor is more impressive than what Pearl has in my honest opinion.

How am I a sheep to point out that 5-15 is a pathetic record. You can always use precedents to point to a handful of coaches who had a terrible start and went on to have success. However, the list of coaches that started with terrible records and mainained the course up to termination is a lot longer.

That being said, I never said Kiffin was a terrible coach. I said he was 5-15 (which is a pathetic record) in the NFL. That's not debatable. If taking a terrible team up to the level of "just plain bad" is the new measuring stick of being a good coach, I would assume that Canton will be overflowing in a few years with coaches similar to Steve Mariucci.

As for Kiffin "winning big" at USC, he will.......until he plays a team from the upper half of the SEC.

VN Store

Back