Article:Bob Shoop and the Fire Zone

Fortunately for us, it will likely be the most speed Shoop has ever had in a linebacker unit. :rock:

Dang. After watching DK progress last yr, I am excited to see what he brings in 16' with complete understanding.

DK, Bates, McDowell, Smith(has got t be in love with this scheme), Sapp, Berry, Bynum(maybe a tad slow) ... it's starting to get good again!

Butch made a great hire here, and it is so refreshing for a UT coach to know what needs to be done and have the guts to pull the trigger and make the move. it will pay dividends for UT next year without a doubt. Besides, the defensive players, and even other coaches were past being tired of Jancek's demeaning style of coaching

I sure hope so. Last year the reviews for DeBord were diametrically opposite of this hire, yet he did a really good job IMO. Hopefully, this means CBS is even better, and not the polar opposite of our expectations.

Yes, CBJ cannot be condemned for not making decisive moves. 2 coordinators in as many years. He's obviously serious about getting better. Now, I hope it works. Sure would not want to be a coach on this staff if I was just here to ride the gravy train.

I like reading his articles, it has made me watch our games a little different. I'll rewind to see personnel movements and understand the play. After a while. You can almost see what we are going to do. It really help me understand Debords halftime adjustments which also gives me more confidence in our coaching staff. I do believe with Debord and Shoop, we will really be humming and making the right adjustments on both offense and defense this year.

Reactions: 1 person
Shoop doesn't operate that way. The sacks and negative yardage plays are going to soar under him. He brings all the heat he can to make sure the get offense goes backwards. Even if our front 4 gets good pressure you will see extra guys coming in. Only thing that will slow us down is of the secondary struggles to cover short to medium passes. That was not a weakness we had last year so it shouldn't be this year. JRM should thrive in Shoop's defense even more than he did under Janeck.

agreed, and they have to tackle really well. you can catch it. you just can't run with it.

We now have BOB Shoop and our D is going to evolve into the BOBS...

B.ig
O.range
B.litzing
S.warm

It will no longer matter what team lines up against us their O will know that our BOBS are coming after them with fire in their eyes.

The problem will be that they'll have no idea who is coming, which way they're coming from and how to set up their protection.

Team 120 is going to start the ball rolling and we'll love seeing the Sacks go UP, the INT's go UP, the hits on the QB go UP and the never ending fear of our BOBS constantly going UP.

The Big Orange Blitzing Swarm will take our Tennessee footVol team up to the next level where we used to be and where we all expect us to be again.

BEWARE...Our Tennessee BOBS are coming and they're coming hard and fast!

Building a Champion WIN by WIN...VFL...GBO!!!

i think the thing here that speaks to me is the open and overt way he wants to dictate to the offense....we want to be the assertive unit, and dictate the pace. and with the personnel we'll have this year, especially up the middle, which was a soft spot last year, i think this defense can do some good things. i won't be surprised if we're a top 3 SEC defense in 16, top 15 nationally.

now...if we can get Deboard and Jones over to Charlotte, and learn how the Panthers use the same offense to jump on folks 31-0....24-7....and stay there....it could be awesome.

I'm very excited to see what the defense will look like under Shoop, especially with all this talent coming back! :loco:

BEWARE...Our Tennessee BOBS are coming and they're coming hard and fast!

956becc8bbd44b1f916d0229c7816debd9a38aed07e1e1f2e25773c83d56338e.jpg

....and that's only if the QB recognizes and makes the proper read, and check to the correct play....

Jakez, this particular thought of yours makes me very excited for the upcoming year. Many of our opponents, especially in the east, are fielding inexperienced QBs.

VT - Michael Brewer, senior last season. Injured. I guess a medical redshirt is possible.
UF - Freshman projected to start.
Bama - Jacob Coker, senior last season. Replacement unknown.
Vandy - McCrary transferred. Shurmer, true Sophomore likely.
UGA - Eason is their 5 star recruit, or Greyson Lambert?
SC - Connor Mitch, Sophomore. Missed several weeks in 2015 with injury/illness.
Mizz - Drew Lock, soph.
UK - Towles and Phillips transfer, true soph with no experience to start?

Last edited:

VN Store

Back