Armando Allen

vavol87

Does anyone know anything extra about armando allen besides the headline on rivals??

The story is actually encouraging. I thought he was a lock to either ND or Florida, but he said UT is definately in the picture. He said he liked the visit. Mentioned the stadium, crowd, facilities, and great relationship with the players. He mentioned Trooper specifically because he is the lead recruiter and said that he really felt like the rest of the staff were very much like Trooper in that they care a great deal about the players. UT is still a long shot, but at least its better than no shot. Never count out Trooper.

he's headed out to ND
Just curious, but who has Trooper been the lead recruiter on that is now on the team?

I said our chance is slim, very slim. Hello? Why can it not end at that? Your emphatic insistance that he is ND bound is laughable. I would say there is a good likelyhood that ND is his choice. But, its nowhere near a done deal. Shoot, kids who are verbally commited to schools right now will not end up signing there. Its the nature of recruiting. If you have ever paid attention to recruiting before then you would realize its stupid to just say "we dont need to talk about this kid he is definately going to ...." It could be a bad thing or a good thing. We might gain unexpected recruits or lose unexpected recuits. Last season, we lost unexpected recruits. We did go 5-6. This season I think we will gain some unexpected recruits.

I think Trooper was the lead recruiter for Demetrice Morley, and Vladimir Richards if I'm not mistaken.

man, you are a trip, if anyone has a difference of opinion, you act like it's a personal attack. Did I ever say "dont talk about him". No, I just said I believe he's headed to ND.

It was not treated as a personal attack. It was my statement of my opinion. People mention recruits visiting UT and having good things to say about the visit and you just pop in with "he IS headed to ND" like why are we even talking about this kid. All we did was mention that he visited and so at least a door is open that we thought was closed. I had written him off because I thought it was between UF and ND, but if a recruit gets to Knoxville for an official and leaves with good things to say then who knows. I certainly have no confidence in his recruitment. It would be a huge shock. But, then again we never insisted he was going to UT. I am just glad you have inside information to lets us know he is going to ND so we can write him off.

you were ok until that last sentence, but whatever buddy

In the Gainsville Times Allen said it is between FL and ND. He said he still talks to UT but doesn't plan to take a visit. I will find the link. Go to Gainsville.com click on sports tab and then recruiting.

You are a little outdated. He did in fact visit UT this past weekend. He might have just been taking advantage of the free game and pampering. Dont know. But, he did visit and had good things to say about the visit. Even with the visit, our chances are very slim.

The date of the article is Nov. 9th. Just relating the info I found. Must have been the paper's mistake. How do you know he visited this past weekend?

Allen said he was impressed by the fans and the stadium. He said he went there with an open mind and it was better than he expected it to be.
He said a little about being recruited by Trooper.
His host was LaMarcus Coker. He talked about how similar they play the game and how well he would fit into the offense.
I know his final 2 are ND and UF but getting a visit from him was a big thing. I doubt he selects UT but we're still in it.

sounds about right....Tennessee fans better get used to looking up at UF

I hate that for you, do me a favor and put a positive spin on that beat down that happened last saturday, put a positive spin on that losing season last year, put a positive spin on player after player getting arrested, if you see reality as negative that's your issue, but dont expect me to drink the Jim Jones Kool-Aid with you and tell everybody it tastes great

Player after player getting arrested? Haha. I know you were trying to make a point but that is stretching it ALOT. Do you know how many players are on the team and how many have gotten arrested? You know what that percentage is? Discipline this year has been good. You cannot control the entire life of 100+ kids. Other programs have much worse problems this year than UTK.

I didnt say over the last five years. I said this year. The offseason before last year was horrendous. I think that has been addressed now and dealt with differently.

I agree that this season has been somewhat different, but with Johnson pointing a "gun" at that officer and now the 3 amigos fighting each other, well, the specter of last year rears it's ugly head.

VN Store

Back