Arkansas 1/6/2021 (Final: TN 79, Ark 74)

Petty almost single handedly beat us 2 years ago in TB...
I stand by my theory that the color orange somehow heightens the opponent's awareness and playmaking ability. Not everyone, but some...like Petty.

I remember watching him in 1987 with a monster block on Dyron Nix. It seems like I did anyways

I went to school with a few members of billionaire families. But I mostly hung out with their black sheep and red headed step children. Certainly many programmers, but maybe only a mathematician or two. Mainly doctors, lawyers (lots of them), and business owners while a handful of the liberal leaning classmates became teachers, musicians, and government employees.

Ahhhh. I work at a school some would describe similarly. It hasn't lost its mission, or become completely separated from its core values, but gale winds are blowing fiercer these days.

Conveying legacy values, and standing alone for those values are two separate challenges, and require different mindsets. God will have to provide the clarity and resoluteness necessary to see all kinds of institutions through today's destructive storms.

I imagine successful athletic programs like Tennessee's are under all sorts of attacks right now, behind the scenes, that we know nothing about.

Ahhhh. I work at a school some would describe similarly. It hasn't lost its mission, or become completely separated from its core values, but gale winds are blowing fiercer these days.

Conveying legacy values, and standing alone for those values are two separate challenges, and require different mindsets. God will have to provide the clarity and resoluteness necessary to see all kinds of institutions through today's destructive storms.

I imagine successful athletic programs like Tennessee's are under all sorts of attacks right now, behind the scenes, that we know nothing about.

I’m referring to the public school that I went to on the nice side of town rather than some highfalutin, hoity-toity higher education situation. We’re all just a bunch of good ole boys and girls. Even them with all the wealth and privilege. I see them every 5 years at the reunions. Really nice fellers. The popular, pretty girls even flirt with me now.

Reactions: feathersax
Even after the Alabama game, Vols defending at 29.7% from the three line. I'm not sure what people are looking at.

People on here are always worried that we can't either defend or shoot the three, regardless of what the numbers say. They're also always worried that the next team we play is gonna firebomb us with long-distance shots from all directions, regardless of what the numbers say for that team. It's pretty evergreen around here.

Gonna have out real quick if we learned anything or if that type of offense is gonna be an issue, Arkansas bombs away from 3 too and can get hot just like Bama, their 7’3” center takes 4 threes a game

People are looking at Ala shot 50% from 3. And made 8 of those 3’s in the second half. I believe 4-5 of them in a row.

Yeah, but this goes back to the tendency to look at one game we lost as more indicative of who the team really is than seven games we won. Arkansas will be interesting on Wednesday, as BTO pointed out, as they actually are a good 3-point shooting team, but I would expect a return to form rather than a continuation of whatever that was on Saturday against Alabama.

Yeah, but this goes back to the tendency to look at one game we lost as more indicative of who the team really is than seven games we won. Arkansas will be interesting on Wednesday, as BTO pointed out, as they actually are a good 3-point shooting team, but I would expect a return to form rather than a continuation of whatever that was on Saturday against Alabama.
I agree!!

After watching Arkansas lose to Cuonzo and his Tigers, Saturday, the Hogs are not athletic enough to beat the Vols, imo. Especially, if their big man misses the game, like he did against Mizzou.

Reactions: TrumpedUpVol
Up until that game Pons had 7 fouls called on him the entire season. That's an average of 1 per game. What happened to him in the Bama game was nothing short of home cooking in reverse. By the time Pons came in late in the second half and started wreaking havoc with all those blocks, we were too far down with no one to go to that can consistently score. If Springer had been available, maybe we could have pulled the miracle comeback. I hope other coaches don't do the same sort of crap and plant the seed with refs. Barnes is experienced enough and surely he can counter that crap going forward. I did notice that there were maybe two occasions where Pons might have gotten away with going over the back late in the second half and the refs let it go, perhaps trying to make-up for the first half garbage they pulled, but at that stage in the game, "the cake was baked".

Come on, that's middle school mentality. Do you honestly believe the refs decided before the game "Let's get Tennessee and call phantom fouls on that dude that jumps so well"? Or do you think they were paid off? That's ludicrous thinking.

The problem as I observed it was that Bama spread the floor, penetrated past our guards and got Pons in the air for the foul. He was generally coming away from the ball and they too advantage. Good coaching by Oates. Pons needs to be a little more selective in wen, and how, he leaps to block a shot.

This has been a very close and exciting series since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992.

I think Tennessee wins by 10 to 12 points and Fulkerson has a double double.

This has been a very close and exciting series since Arkansas joined the SEC in 1992.

I think Tennessee wins by 10 to 12 points and Fulkerson has a double double.

It’s amazing that Wade Houston did so well versus Richardson. He might have a head-to-head winning record against Nolan and the Hogs.

Reactions: Volfan1000

VN Store

Back