Arian Foster to play

Tnvolfan68

Arian Foster the talented Freshman RB has been moved to the regular practice squad:

He has been moved up from the scout team into regular practice to help out with the banged up Runnng backs..will lose redshirt status if plays.

Originally posted by Tnvolfan68@Oct 27, 2004 10:07 AM
Arian Foster the talented Freshman RB has been moved to the regular practice squad:

He has been moved up from the scout team into regular practice to help out with the banged up Runnng backs..will lose redshirt status if plays.

Interesting. I wouldn't expect to hear that at this point in the season.

I think that Houston and Riggs shouldn't need motivation. Would it be worth it to lose Fosters red shirt in trade of a running game? I just don't know. However, if we have the same problems this week, I vote for whatever works. Is Douglas going to be back on the line for the USC game?

I wouldn't be surprised to see Foster with Riggs and Houston Banged up... Trooper said that Foster reminded him of Eddie George in a Scrimage this season.

With Foster in UT can only run about 6 plays and no passing plays. It was a motivational ploy that is all.

Apparently our RBs are more banged up than we thought, and they have little confidence in the "J-Train".

Motivate my :shakeit: .Trooper is motivation enough.I would think after 7 games and the possibility of where we can go this year would be enough.

a chance at redemption with Auburn should be plenty of motivation! :ph34r:

Sander's said that Foster might see some action if necessary even though they were hoping to redshirt him.

Foster will play because Fulmer knows these other cats have had their shot and failed. Riggs is a thug who just this fall decided to start coming to practice on time, and Ced is a great kid but just too slow to the crease. Based on what we now have to play for it's time to use the studs even if they are freshmen. A back with burst will make our o-line a whole lot better.

Don - Riggs has had his problems and is trying to grow out of them. Now I'll bet you big money you would be in bed whinning to your mommy if you were passing blood and I doubt very seriously that you would even look at a football field if your ankle was as bad as Houston. YOU SPEAK OF THINGS YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT. The statement you just made is typically thiggish!

:dlol: C'mon man! You can't say these guys are SLOW when just a few of weeks ago they were #'s 3 & 4 in the SEC in rushing!!! Why waste a chance to redshirt a talented guy, that more than likely has trouble with pass blocking, and put him in this late in the season?!?! I'd much rather have these guys barely getting the job done, than waste the chance to keep another talented guy in school for an extra year.

How could this guy possibly play after just moving up to regular squad? Anyone heard anything about his ability to pick up the pass rush?

I'm afriad of two scenarios:

1. We bring him in and run every down. The defense brings the house, and Foster looks very, very mediocre (as does our O-line).

2. We bring him in and mix it up (or check to a pass). Foster misses his assignment/fails to pick up the rush and Ainge either gets killed or makes bad decisions, resulting in a turnover.

We've got some talent, and I think with a healthier line, we'll be able to establish the ground game this week.

stronger minds will prevail. Fans tend to go over the top when this kind of news breaks. The real deal is they put him on the 1st team in case either Ced or GRJ can't go (aka gets hurt worse). It seems to me that neither of them could/should play every down. In that case, I still think it's wiser to let Jabari have a shot before pulling off the kid's redshirt. He'd only have to play enough to give the 'starter' a rest.

donsargegolf probably wanted to replace Jamal Lewis and Travis Henry when they had bad games too.

I really don't appreciate you calling a kid a thug. Riggs has committed no crimes, unlike some other students, and has really done the things he's needed to do to get on the playing field this season. If you think that replacing him with a true freshman is best for the Vols, you have shown your true intelligence.

Riggs stats:
13 att for 79 yds against UNLV
15 att for 63 yds against Florida
16 att for 116 yds against La Tech
7 att for 43 yds against Auburn
26 att for 102 yds against Georgia
26 att for 118 yds against Ole Miss
19 att for 39 yds against Alabama

Save that stingy Alabama rushing D, pretty good stats to me. Still adds up to 4.6 yards per carry, even with the poor showing last week.

kiddiedoc knows what he is talking about.

Why would they put foster in when you know Sanders is a low risk low reward coach. All they will do with him is run the ball and USC knows it.

Why burn a redshirt for a talented guy like him (according to UT) for maybe 30 yards?

VN Store

Back