Arian Foster Gets Emotional Talking About His Return To UT

If you gave up being a 2nd/3rd round pick to come back yo try and win a title, then went 5-7 because your head coach cared about running his own offense so the new OC didn’t get too much credit more than winning, then went undrafted, you’d be bitter too
Yeah there's a ton of stuff that people don't understand about that situation.

It's never the fans fault tho. And it's really nice to see him in a good place amongst Vol fans of all people and to just be grateful like that.

The OL in '08 was terrible

So was his fumble in the UCLA game. Also I said he ran for two years under an offense coached by Cutcliffe. Don’t remember mentioning the 08 team as Cut was gone. It was still better than the OL Hurd ran behind in 2014.

So was his fumble in the UCLA game. Also I said he ran for two years under an offense coached by Cutcliffe. Don’t remember mentioning the 08 team as Cut was gone. It was still better than the OL Hurd ran behind in 2014.

You mean the game where he averaged 7.4 ypc but Fulmer wouldn’t give him the ball?

You mean the game where he averaged 7.4 ypc but Fulmer wouldn’t give him the ball?

I agree. Even today you can find people who bring up the fumbling Foster business despite everything he achieved at Tennessee and then at the next level. If Foster can finally see all of the positives for his time here and move on then maybe some of his critics can also someday be more partial.

I agree. Even today you can find people who bring up the fumbling Foster business despite everything he achieved at Tennessee and then at the next level. If Foster can finally see all of the positives for his time here and move on then maybe some of his critics can also someday be more partial.

I didn’t say he didn’t do great things at UT. He certainly overachieved in the pros. Someone said he deserved the rushing title at UT, I opined why Hurd deserved it more. I didn’t say I wouldn’t go fishing with the man.

I didn’t say he didn’t do great things at UT. He certainly overachieved in the pros. Someone said he deserved the rushing title at UT, I opined why Hurd deserved it more. I didn’t say I wouldn’t go fishing with the man.

That’s fair. I maybe lumped you into a certain sort of post that comes up when Foster comes is the topic and I apologize.

Neither Hurd nor Foster are close to being the best running backs at UT. Foster did better in the pro’s. Fumbled a lot here, had a good career but not close to being top running back at UT. But he is one of the better ones. GBO

Reactions: Hacksaw
Neither Hurd nor Foster are close to being the best running backs at UT. Foster did better in the pro’s. Fumbled a lot here, had a good career but not close to being top running back at UT. But he is one of the better ones. GBO
He fumbled 4 times in 4 seasons with 600+ attempts

Imagine. You gave up being a 2nd/3rd round pick and instant millionaire for your poor family to come back to try and win a title (with the head coach giving you advice to come back). Then you went 5-7 because your head coach cared about running his own offense and maintaining as much power as possible so the new OC doesn’t get too much credit. You get injured, you don’t break the school record, you lose your starting spot to a less talented player. Then you go undrafted and lose millions of dollars, having to play for league minimum for 3-4 years. And also half the fan base gives you **** because even though you actually were pretty good at protecting the ball, you fumbled at a few inopportune times, a couple which weren’t even your fault.

Yeah, you’d be bitter too.
that was an excellent fluff job. Bravo….

He ran for almost 1200 yds and 12 TDs in '07. Clawfense/bad OL killed his numbers. I liked Hurd too but never got why Foster gets all the hate. Other than the taco thing, which was reasonable. I've seen him get blamed for fumbles that weren't even him.

Reactions: bpalmer28
So the Mandela Effect is why there are reminders on the forum that AFoster was a fumble machine?
It seemed true because my heart broke once or twice.

He ran for almost 1200 yds and 12 TDs in '07. Clawfense/bad OL killed his numbers. I liked Hurd too but never got why Foster gets all the hate. Other than the taco thing, which was reasonable. I've seen him get blamed for fumbles that weren't even him.

I think a lot of it was just how immature or disrespectful he was to some people.

He is grown now. Can reflect more. I’m glad I wasn’t scrutinized at 18-22 at a National program. I would have failed miserably. I did stupid things, said stupid things and treated people stupidly.

VN Store

Back