Are we still feeling good about landing BHH?

Im a TN fan not an AU fan. Couldn’t care less about what they do , although would love to have their Final 4 appearance

Interesting, cause you sure do bring them up quite a bit...

What does a F4 buy you? Had Barnes made a F4 4 years ago and missed the tourney ever since would you be sitting here applauding him?

Interesting, cause you sure do bring them up quite a bit...

What does a F4 buy you? Had Barnes made a F4 4 years ago and missed the tourney ever since would you be sitting here applauding him?
Seriously, who do you think is a more satisfied fanbase, Tennessee or South Carolina?

Which 6 year run would you rather have?

Frank Martin @ South Carolina...
25-9...NIT 2nd rd loss
26-11...NCAAT Final Four loss
17-16...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
18-13...no postseason (Covid)
6-14...no postseason
105-79 (.570) and 1 NCAAT appearance

Rick Barnes @ Tennessee...
15-19...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
26-9...NCAAT 2nd rd loss
31-6...NCAAT S16 loss
17-14...no postseason (Covid)
18-9...NCAAT 1st rd loss
123-73 (.628) and 3 NCAAT appearances

That F4 was great and all, but was kind of equity has it bought USCe? They have been steadily trending down ever since. It also speaks to how random reaching a F4 can truly be. A South Carolina team that has made exactly 1 NCAAT appearance in 9 years under Frank Martin got hot at just the right time and rode the wave into history.

Call me crazy, but I'll take the coach who has proven he can get his team there with consistency and hope he too gets lucky enough to catch that same wave at some point. The more times you get there, the more opportunities you have.

Seriously, who do you think is a more satisfied fanbase, Tennessee or South Carolina?

25-9...NIT 2nd rd loss
17-16...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
6-14...no postseason

15-19...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
26-9...NCAAT 2nd rd loss
31-6...NCAAT S16 loss
18-9...NCAAT 1st rd loss

That F4 was great and all, but was kind of equity has it bought USCe? They have been steadily trending down ever since. It also speaks to how random reaching a F4 can truly be. A South Carolina team that has made exactly 1 NCAAT appearance in 9 years under Frank Martin got hot at just the right time and rode the wave into history.

Call me crazy, but I'll take the coach who has proven he can get his team there with consistency and hope he too gets lucky enough to catch that same wave at some point. The more times you get there, the more opportunities you have.
Yup, agree completely.

25-9...NIT 2nd rd loss
17-16...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
6-14...no postseason

15-19...no postseason
16-16...no postseason
26-9...NCAAT 2nd rd loss
31-6...NCAAT S16 loss
18-9...NCAAT 1st rd loss

Simple facts

Reactions: cncchris33
TN fired Fulmer after he won the NC. A Final Four wouldn’t buy a lifetime pass here.
It has a better chance of doing so in men's basketball here, but yes, I would agree that it wouldn't. Especially not if you go to a FF then do what SC has and struggle to be above .500 the next 4 years after that FF appearance.

VN Store

Back