Are We Falling Behind?

I dont know how many of you all have Comcast cable, but in Atlanta Comcast has an HDTV channel that highlights different stadiums are the country during college football season. Man it is a cool show to watch. Yes, they did have Neyland.
I tell you what the Oregon Facilities may not be big, but that is one of the best in the country. Of course, I thonk nike or some athletic company put up the moola.

Phil Knight of Nike is their biggest athletic donor.

We are not falling behind other areas either gatorboy. When we beat you in Football and basketball this year you shall see.

The facts suggest otherwise, sir. But don't feel bad. With Florida's basketball team having won 18 straight post-season games and thereby capturing two SEC tournament championships and two NCAA National Championships, and with the football team having won the SEC championship last year plus blowing out the concensus number one team to win a national championship, and with Meyer recruiting another monster class to go with the speedsters he already has, pretty much everybody is falling behind Florida right now. Tennessee no worse than most.

The facts suggest otherwise, sir. But don't feel bad. With Florida's basketball team having won 18 straight post-season games and thereby capturing two SEC tournament championships and two NCAA National Championships, and with the football team having won the SEC championship last year plus blowing out the concensus number one team to win a national championship, and with Meyer recruiting another monster class to go with the speedsters he already has, pretty much everybody is falling behind Florida right now. Tennessee no worse than most.

i remember them good 'ol Zook days when you were a lot more humble in your posts. i just dont want you to get too high on UF right now cause it's going to make the fall a lot harder

The turds have to replace a TON of starters. You have a situational qb who now has to play the whole game. I have no fear. UT will beat you in both sports this year.

i remember them good 'ol Zook days when you were a lot more humble in your posts. i just dont want you to get too high on UF right now cause it's going to make the fall a lot harder

Dude, I'm just enjoying the success for as long as it lasts. I realize we could easily be middle of the pack again this year, particularly in basketball. But you've got to admit, its been a helluva run for the Gators the last 2 years and you'd kill for the same success at UT sometime soon.

Dude, I'm just enjoying the success for as long as it lasts. I realize we could easily be middle of the pack again this year, particularly in basketball. But you've got to admit, its been a helluva run for the Gators the last 2 years and you'd kill for the same success at UT sometime soon.

It is a run we wish we had. No argument here.

It is a run we wish we had. No argument here.

I think you are definitely getting there in basketball. Frankly -- and no offense to UT or Pearl or anyone else -- I have a real hard time seeing anyone replicate the success of the UF basketball team anytime soon in terms of that 18-0 postseason mark they managed. Just such a rare thing. But I do think UT is poised to make a name for itself in the NCAAs this year. Just got to avoid injuries, upsets, and bad luck.

As to football, I remain of a mind that you just aren't going to be able to compete with Fulmer at the helm. I may be wrong, but it just feels like the game has advanced so much in the last 5 years and that he's not keeping up. Not meaning to incite a debate on it, just my perspective that UT football is stale.

I think you are definitely getting there in basketball. Frankly -- and no offense to UT or Pearl or anyone else -- I have a real hard time seeing anyone replicate the success of the UF basketball team anytime soon in terms of that 18-0 postseason mark they managed. Just such a rare thing. But I do think UT is poised to make a name for itself in the NCAAs this year. Just got to avoid injuries, upsets, and bad luck.

As to football, I remain of a mind that you just aren't going to be able to compete with Fulmer at the helm. I may be wrong, but it just feels like the game has advanced so much in the last 5 years and that he's not keeping up. Not meaning to incite a debate on it, just my perspective that UT football is stale.
I think Fla. could have taken the magic last year.:)

Have many of your been to CF games not in Neyland? After being used to Ohio Stadium, I came down last year for the Air Force game. I quickly remembered how they sho-horn 107k+ in the stadium.....the seats on the bleachers are INCREDIBLY close. I would take a tad less fans, for at least room to move a little. Still the best atmosphere in the country, though!

you had once in a lifetime style talent on that team. may never happen again. it's like the fab five in michigan if they had stayed and had a decent coach. My bet is that this is the top of florida basketball and a place that donovan (a coach I very much respect) never repeats. not that I'm not jealous as hell.

Have many of your been to CF games not in Neyland? After being used to Ohio Stadium, I came down last year for the Air Force game. I quickly remembered how they sho-horn 107k+ in the stadium.....the seats on the bleachers are INCREDIBLY close. I would take a tad less fans, for at least room to move a little. Still the best atmosphere in the country, though!

you think so? I went to a penn state game there a couple of years back and I must say the vol experience was superior. Of course the cal band (my band) ripped off rather disgustingly from the ohio state band when we met in the rose bowl 60+ years ago. We even have our version of dotting the I, kind of.
Those who go to the Cal game should arrive a little early to see the Cal band perform pregame. I promise it wont be disappointing.

Yes it is!:)

n27403749_34343818_8377.jpg

TuskALoosa....do you know anything about this expansion to Bryant-Denny Stadium? Apparently it's suppose to exceed 102,000

you had once in a lifetime style talent on that team. may never happen again. it's like the fab five in michigan if they had stayed and had a decent coach. My bet is that this is the top of florida basketball and a place that donovan (a coach I very much respect) never repeats. not that I'm not jealous as hell.

I would be astounded if any school ever wins back-to-back NCAAs again. I think its just too hard. The odds of Florida in particular doing it are probably a million to one.

But as Jim Carey said, "So you're saying I got a chance! Aaaaallllrrriiiigghht!""

VN Store

Back