Are we cursed?

I live in Gullah country. One time this woman I was doing some work for got ticked off and put a root on me. I take full responsibility for all of the miseries we've endured.

I bet that hurt like hell, getting the old prostrate probed with a root.......ouchhhhh

OP,
since you appear to be new to the board I will bring you up to speed. Down in Louisiana where the black trees grow lives a voodoo lady named Marie Laveau. Now in 1997 after not winning the Natty with Peyton Manning, Phil Fulmer goes to Marie and makes a deal for 1998. We all know how 1998 went. Do you think that last second field goal against Syracuse was meant to be? How about being beaten by Arkansas and their QB making the most bone head play ever, that was a coincidence? I don't think so. How about Florida state being down to their 3rd string QB for the Natty game? Coincidence? I don't think so.

So in conclusion Phil got his natty but it has cost Vol nation 10 + years or torment. We have no idea what Phil promised Marie to get him that Natty and the AD job but it must have been a big promise.

Last edited:
Not cursed. Solomon got cleared. Bryce is cleared to return. We got a bunch of close calls go our way in the game Saturday. The scary thing is, a lot of things have gone our way and the wheels have still come off.

You fired Fulmer, we didn't throw money at the Bear.

Yup, Cursed by short-sighted administration.

Reactions: peerless98
Not cursed. Solomon got cleared. Bryce is cleared to return. We got a bunch of close calls go our way in the game Saturday. The scary thing is, a lot of things have gone our way and the wheels have still come off.

Yeah it's sort of like a Monkey's Paw type of curse then. Some fan found an ancient relic and wished for everything to go our way, but there is a terrible drawback. In this case it's that we get all of the bounces and goof off the field news, but we still lose every game this year.

Reactions: volgrad500
I assume between the 98 Florida, Arkansas and title games at least 50% of the fanbase sold their souls and the devil is trying to cash in ASAP.

LSU put a curse on us at the 2001 SEC Championship game. I thought it was funny walking around the stadium before the game listening to the cajuns chanting their voodoo at us, but it's not funny anymore.
MY GOD MAN !!! we could be on to something here !!!

We fired a Hall of Fame Coach to hire from the bargain bin. Bargain bin choice #1 leaves program in bad spot so we hire another bargain bin hire. Bargain bin hire #2 leaves the program in even a worse spot so we hire Bargain bin guy #3. Bargain Bin Guy #3 leaves the program in even a worse spot so we attempt to hire Bargain Bin guy #4 but the fans revolt leaving the program in even a worse spot. We hire Bargain Bin guy #5 and the program hits rock bottom by losing to GSU....
This is correct

I wouldn't say we are cursed. We just have some pretty Football stupid incompetent people at the top of the chain.

Haslams
Fulmer
Pruitt
JG

Bench JG and Pruitt could be a great coach.

If Pruitt doesn't he will be a terrible coach and who hired Pruitt? Ohh yea Fulmer.

Haslams. Well everyone knows how bad they are at football.

Money doesn't make you smart. And money doesn't make you good lookin either. But money still keeps idiots around here. And money still buys ugly guys girlfriends.

Money is the sum of all evil.
Coach Fulmer is definitely not football stupid
Coach Pruitt not football stupid as defensive coordinator, head coach TBD (depends how long JG continues to play, among others)
Haslam's absolutely correct.
Yeah Coach hired Pruitt but I don't really see why everyone condemns him for it, look at what we went through with that search it was a disaster. Coach got in on it after all the crazy happened and hired who he felt would get it done just like any other AD does. Their jobs aren't connected, sometimes the fit just ain't right, but we'll see I have faith in Pruitt unfortunately it's painful to watch right now

Nah we're not cursed , just in between a power struggle between a bunch of Imbeciles. Problem is the fans keep showing up and supporting the Imbeciles. It's afforded them to be Imbeciles. End of story.

Yeah it's sort of like a Monkey's Paw type of curse then. Some fan found an ancient relic and wished for everything to go our way, but there is a terrible drawback. In this case it's that we get all of the bounces and goof off the field news, but we still lose every game this year.

Lol ok yes! I can buy that.

Everything can be traced back to the Haslams. They have been pulling the strings for decades. Instead of hiring a good coach (Gary Patterson) to replace a great coach (Fulmer), Haslams puppet Mike Hamilton hires a proven loser with a hot wife.

Yes, I now believe I am the reason for the curse. I am in the US Army and have served since 1997. I left home (Knoxville) in '98 after the National Championship game to start my military career at my first duty station at Ft Drum, NY. I am still serving 21 years later. I believe the only way to break the curse is for me to retire, move back home, and purchase season tix again. The problem is I still have 2 1/2 to 3 years until retirement. So unless I get a job at the MEPS station, we will still have another couple bad seasons. Sorry everyone, all my fault.

Reactions: nyvolz and TNnative
I wouldn't say we are cursed. We just have some pretty Football stupid incompetent people at the top of the chain.

Haslams
Fulmer
Pruitt
JG

Bench JG and Pruitt could be a great coach.

If Pruitt doesn't he will be a terrible coach and who hired Pruitt? Ohh yea Fulmer.

Haslams. Well everyone knows how bad they are at football.

Money doesn't make you smart. And money doesn't make you good lookin either. But money still keeps idiots around here. And money still buys ugly guys girlfriends.

Money is the sum of all evil.

I hope you aren’t trying to quote the Bible because you didn’t do it right. It’s the “love” of money, not money itself

Allot of us sold our souls to beat FL in 2016.

The devils pi$sed and not making anymore deals. Something about there's nothing he could do to make us suffer more than we already have, all we do is talk about 98 and sing Rocky Top.

Reactions: HollowaytoSeivers
Allot of us sold our souls to beat FL in 2016.

The devils pi$sed and not making anymore deals. Something about there's nothing he could do to make us suffer more than we already have, all we do is talk about 98 and sing Rocky Top.
Well, I'll gladly talk about other seasons and not sing Rocky Top (I don't "woo" anyway, could be the problem) if it will help.

VN Store

Back