Are VNers actually planning not to get the vaccine, and if so why not?

I'm not getting the vaccine because ...

• I have documented allergy issues and my physician says its not worth the risk

Votes: 1 4.8%
  • I am an anti-vaxxer, generally

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The virus is no big deal and so the benefit of the vaccine is so small its not worth any risk

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • I figure by the time they get to me herd immunity will have set in anyway

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pie is not offered, but you can tell us your other reason

Votes: 9 42.9%

• Total voters

lawgator1

I am surprised to hear anyone without some sort of stark and well documented allergy issues would ever turn it down. Is this a general anti-vaxxer thing or is this specific to wanting to stand behind Trump's assertion that its fake, i.e. that you don't really need it?

I am 31, mostly healthy, some underlying non life threatening past medical issues.

I dont get vaccines for things I am not worried about. The whole vaccine argument here is illogical.

I bear no moral or legal obligation to take actions against my will that have very little backing in science. Because even if I get the vaccine I still have to obey lockdowns, mask up, stay six feet apart, and can spread the virus? So if I am no different with the v why would I get it? And why would anyone require it if it doesnt change anything?

I am not belittling anyone who decides or wants to get it, and I wish the same respect in return.

I am a gun owner. I dont carry my gun around. I believe in our right to bear arms and respect that others use that right daily in ways I dont. I respect that. I also have the right to protect myself, but there is no requirement for me, or anyone, armed or not, to take responsibility for other peoples safety. The great and powerful government doesnt, so why would private citizens?

I dont take any vaccines currently. My age, lifestyle, and health factors make me very low risk. I see no reason to get vaccinated when others are more at risk or may transmit to family at risk.

Reactions: AirVol
Not unless it's required for something. I'll likely have to get it if we start back traveling for work

Where is the "i've already had the virus and I don't need the vaccine" option?
If they were logical and argued for proof of antibodies or a vaccine, I would rather go out and get infected than get the vaccine.

I've had it. Reinfection is super rare. Like <100 cases worldwide. And it wasn't tested on individuals who have had the virus. Therefore the risk is significantly greater taking the vaccine than not taking the vaccine. And the fact that the CDC and scientists are arguing otherwise makes me question anything they've said.

I am surprised to hear anyone without some sort of stark and well documented allergy issues would ever turn it down. Is this a general anti-vaxxer thing or is this specific to wanting to stand behind Trump's assertion that its fake, i.e. that you don't really need it?
You didn’t include a very valid option:

I’ve already had COVID and don’t see any benefit in taking a vaccine when I already have natural immunity.

Question, how much does it cost out of pocket for the v19 vaccine shot?

I will get it if my employer requires it or if it becomes mandatory for air travel. Otherwise, I’ve already had CV19 and, despite having some high risk factors, I survived.

VN Store

Back