Are things really that bad?

GAVol

Overrated
Staff member
This team is probably going to go 9-3 and have a shot at the SEC Championship game. Florida went through a lull and came out of it with 3 losses. GA is in the middle of a tailspin right now (trailed Vandy at the half, beat UAB by only 3, lost to Florida and has to play Auburn next). UGA fans are breaking ankles jumping off that bandwagon. Heck, LSU is the only team in the SEC playing at a high level right now and they aren't even in first place in their division.

My point is that even though we aren't seeing the type of football we are used to, it's happening all over college football. I spent Monday night next to Chuck Amato at our TD Club (sorry for the name drop). He was lamenting the fact that his team started last year 9-0, but due to some bad luck this year's team is only 7-3 with basically the same players.

Maybe we have been exposed a little in the last season and a half, but so is everyone else.

I just think we need to quit playing Tennessee football and see if we can't play some Oklahoma football. There football is BETTER!

Originally posted by KnoxKDX@Nov 5 2003, 10:50 AM
I just think we need to quit playing Tennessee football and see if we can't play some Oklahoma football. There football is BETTER!

:lolup: :lolup: :lolup:

hey dude, just what exactly does it mean to play UO football a.k.a. "there football". kinda a general fix isn't it? would u know a football if u sat on one? what UT needs is leadership and heart. too many of the players are playing for the team and how many are playing to be recruited by the pros. I don't mind losing, but i do mind the lack of trying and heart. BENCH CLAUSEN!!!!!

Originally posted by brewdude@Nov 5 2003, 09:23 PM
hey dude, just what exactly does it mean to play UO football a.k.a. "there football". kinda a general fix isn't it? would u know a football if u sat on one? what UT needs is leadership and heart. too many of the players are playing for the team and how many are playing to be recruited by the pros. I don't mind losing, but i do mind the lack of trying and heart. BENCH CLAUSEN!!!!!

If any of the guys on this team are playing for the pros they have got a rude awakening ahead of them. :blink:

VN Store

Back