are fans pulling against UT so Holly is fired?

I would never want to pull for any Vol team to lose. I want the administration to be SMART ENOUGH to see the writing on the wall and KNOW HOLLY NEEDS TO BE GONE, PERIOD!!! Even if UT makes a run in the SEC Tourney and wins a few games in the NCAA Tournament, she is a cancer to the program and will not get it done!!! PLEASE FIRE HER!!!!!
If that's true I hope Thompson-Boling Arena will be empty for all LadyVols home games in the future

View attachment 196791
I don't think PF will fire her because shes to him like Randy Sanders was to him and we know how that worked out.

As of today's tourny loss to Miss ST here is CHW record for this year:
Out of Conference Games: W 10 L 3
SEC Games: W 8 L 9 (Including the first ever loss to Vandy in Knoxville)
VS Top 20 teams: W 0 L 6
Her performance will force them to make a move on her.

As of today's tourny loss to Miss ST here is CHW record for this year:
Out of Conference Games: W 10 L 3
SEC Games: W 8 L 9 (Including the first ever loss to Vandy in Knoxville)
VS Top 20 teams: W 0 L 6
Her performance will force them to make a move on her.
Your mouth to God's ear!

Reactions: midtnvol2
The fans don’t have to do much when the HC sets her own standards which were not very high to begin with. Real fan or not they (the AD) need to know that the fans are the life blood. If they don’t get good product it wouldn’t matter if you had 5 Parkers trot out on the court they won’t spend the money. Fulmer needs to understand that yes it fell on him to fix football and so far he hasn’t held back the money to do so the same needs to be done with the Lady Vols. Open up the books fix this and get them back where the fans wants them to be in the FF.

I doubt Holly has standards very different than Pat established. She has not met them and I would bet she knows that better than anybody. If Pat were still with us in another capacity, would these folks try to justify their statements to her? I have no problem with fans expressing their thoughts to the AD.. pick up the phone or send an email... that conveys the same message with far less negative potential for the players.

I doubt Holly has standards very different than Pat established. She has not met them and I would bet she knows that better than anybody. If Pat were still with us in another capacity, would these folks try to justify their statements to her? I have no problem with fans expressing their thoughts to the AD.. pick up the phone or send an email... that conveys the same message with far less negative potential for the players.

If her interviews are anything to go by, I'd say the bolded part of your statement is inaccurate. Otherwise, she would spend more time self-reflecting and less time throwing players under the bus during her post-game interviews.

Reactions: Momto2 and T.J.
I would never pull against a UT coach (except Dooley). I do think that if a decision to make a change is made, they let Holly go with grace and respect. She has dedicated her life to that program and she deserves that. Who would you hire that has a better track record than her that is feasibly attainable?
F that!! Her track record of having a cohesive team is non-existent! They lost to Vanderbilt on The Summitt for the 1st time ever!

F that!! Her track record of having a cohesive team is non-existent! They lost to Vanderbilt on The Summitt for the 1st time ever!

And to possibly one of the worst teams Vanderbilt has ever fielded. Which is what really stung the most to me. They had some pretty good teams when Balcomb was there and she did a lot with very little. We would still trounce them almost every time.

Then Holly lets a 7-23 (2-14 in SEC play) Vandy team come in to the Summit and beat us. And I do blame Holly and not the players. You can't tell me Pat would have lost to that Vandy team with this group of women, or about any other current coach in the SEC.

That game, combined with losing 5 straight to ALABAMA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL of all teams should have been enough to end Holly's head coaching career.

Last edited:
And to possibly one of the worst teams Vanderbilt has every fielded. Which is what really stung the most to me. They had some pretty good teams when Balcomb was there and she did a lot with very little. We would still trounce them almost every time.

Then Holly lets a 7-23, 2-14 in SEC play Vandy team come in to the Summit and beat us. And I do blame Holly and not that players. You can't tell me Pat would have lost to that Vandy team with this group of women, are about any other current coach in the SEC.

That game, combined with losing 5 straight to ALABAMA WOMEN'S BASKETBALL of all teams should have been enough to end Holly's head coaching career.

I wish I could "like" your post a thousand times, because this is exactly how I feel. This year's team could make a miracle run to the national championship and I would STILL want to see a new coach on the sidelines next season. I say this because it would, in FACT, be an actual God-given miracle if that happened and NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with anything Holly did or didn't do as a coach.

And to possibly one of the worst teams Vanderbilt has ever fielded. Which is what really stung the most to me. They had some pretty good teams when Balcomb was there and she did a lot with very little. We would still trounce them almost every time.

Then Holly lets a 7-23 (2-14 in SEC play) Vandy team come in to the Summit and beat us. And I do blame Holly and not the players. You can't tell me Pat would have lost to that Vandy team with this group of women, or about any other current coach in the SEC.

And that's only scratching the surface to the abysmal display of basketball that coach Holly Warlick has produced.

And that's only scratching the surface to the abysmal display of basketball that coach Holly Warlick has produced.
Most of these kids are 1st and 2nd year players! And have played like this since day they walked in gym! The weak OOC hid lots of this so it really only shows up in SEC play! Could it be these players were overrated! This happens you know! But of course this staff recruited these kids!

Reactions: olddog
Most of these kids are 1st and 2nd year players! And have played like this since day they walked in gym! The weak OOC hid lots of this so it really only shows up in SEC play! Could it be these players were overrated! This happens you know! But of course this staff recruited these kids!

I don't think so, go look at the other schools that were finalists for these players. You think Muffet McGraw, Dawn Staley, Jeff Walz, or Brenda Frese are chasing around over rated players? It is the lack of coaching that is the problem, and has been.

These young women are very highly touted recruits, and have great skills for the HIGH SCHOOL level, but there is still a ton to learn once you get to the next level. Other coaches do a great job of building on players ability and helping them adjust to the game in college. Holly thinks that just because they were a 5 star recruit, her job is done.

She says all the time that they should know what to do and she isn't going to coach effort. But that is EXACTLY what this team needed all season, someone to chew them up one side and down the other about their effort. Pat did it all the time, which is why she didn't have to coach effort during games, that job was done before they ever stepped on the floor. I would give anything to sit in on one of Holly's practices, she's always saying how great the players practice, but it isn't translating to games. Which very likely means they're practicing a lot like they play, it just doesn't look that bad in a controlled environment.

Look at Diamond she was a star and National Freshman of the Year at NC under Sylvia Hatchell, came to UT and she didn't do much. She's gone on the play well in the W, just no coaching going on at UT right now.

And I'll be the first to admit that I was a Diamond "hater" while she was at UT. I'm still not crazy about her attitude, but she wasn't as bad of a ball player as Holly made her look.

Reactions: montbb47
Everything is pointing to Holly being back next season so here we go again.
I wonder if the sports media will be talking about TBA being empty during LadyVols basketball games? I wouldn't mind a losing season in 2019-2020 if that was what it took to get rid of Holly Warlick and hire a new head basketball coach.

Reactions: Volfan2012
I wonder if the sports media will be talking about TBA being empty during LadyVols basketball games? I wouldn't mind a losing season in 2019-2020 if that was what it took to get rid of Holly Warlick and hire a new head basketball coach.
Not even gonna say it could be her last year if she repeats what happened this year because then she would get another one. She always gets another one and just shows how the University has downgraded women's basketball in importance.

Not even gonna say it could be her last year if she repeats what happened this year because then she would get another one. She always gets another one and just shows how the University has downgraded women's basketball in importance.
Yeah women's basketball brings in pretty much no money to Tennessee Athletics

It also shows how much lack of depth/quality there is outside the top 30 or so teams if a team with Tennessee's mediocre resume still gets in the NCAAT.

Reactions: 1reVOLver

You read CHW's bio it sounds like a world beater

If she is here next year, , , Sisaq will have company

Yeah women's basketball brings in pretty much no money to Tennessee Athletics

Not this brand anyway

Reactions: Tennesseefan2019
If her interviews are anything to go by, I'd say the bolded part of your statement is inaccurate. Otherwise, she would spend more time self-reflecting and less time throwing players under the bus during her post-game interviews.

I doubt she has the solution path defined, but would bet she sees and feels the difference on the practice courts and hates it, but most of all hates that she has not upheld the plans Pat had for her.... Is she resisting throwing in the towel, for sure, but I would GUESS that has a lot to do with quitting while capable was not in Pat's play book... But, I would bet she will exhibit class at the when this job is no longer hers. Once again because that too is a Pat requirement... I don't think she is throwing the ladies under the bus, but has no explanation for the the plays some very talented players are making at this level when it involves skills covered in junior high or earlier.... I know I am. Some of the turnovers are mind boggling.

Reactions: glv98
Is she resisting throwing in the towel, for sure, but I would GUESS that has a lot to do with quitting while capable was not in Pat's play book... But, I would bet she will exhibit class at the when this job is no longer hers. Once again because that too is a Pat requirement...
Agree completely, and not only because I said exactly this on another thread. This is a terrible towel to have to throw in. What a painful admission for Holly that she simply is not up to the task handed her by her beloved dying mentor.

Painful as that is, its beyond time because very real damage to the program is obvious. Just a glance at the long and terrible list of nega-firsts shows this. If Holly actually doesn't get it yet out of some sense of self-protective denial, its time for her employers as well as those closest to her to stage an intervention.

While Pat would absolutely not want Holly to quit while capable, she would definitely want her to admit when she's not capable and is hurting the program and more importantly, the players. If Holly has to be dragged away kicking and screaming, that will not be the class exit Pat would have demanded. The window of opportunity for classy exit is closing fast; in fact, next week after the season ends may be the last chance for that.

Regarding the OP question, I feel that my support, as a 25 yr fan, is more for the program than a particular team or group of players. Ordinarily I wouldn't dream of separating the two, but these are not ordinary times. There's a greater good question here, not only for the future of the program but for the future of the current players who have eligibility left.

Therefore I reluctantly could wish for a loss as opposed to a few wins that send us on a fool's errand of doing more of the same. It not my first choice, and its a terrible feeling. Its why I kind of hoped they would not make the tourney and just end this miserable season before any more damage is done. Fortunately, as pointed out above, for all my mental agonizing, whether I pull for em or agin em is not going to make much difference. They are totally capable of tanking all on their own with input from their current coach.

Last edited:
I doubt she has the solution path defined, but would bet she sees and feels the difference on the practice courts and hates it, but most of all hates that she has not upheld the plans Pat had for her.... Is she resisting throwing in the towel, for sure, but I would GUESS that has a lot to do with quitting while capable was not in Pat's play book... But, I would bet she will exhibit class at the when this job is no longer hers. Once again because that too is a Pat requirement... I don't think she is throwing the ladies under the bus, but has no explanation for the the plays some very talented players are making at this level when it involves skills covered in junior high or earlier.... I know I am. Some of the turnovers are mind boggling.

Practice is supposed to get rid of bad habits. Run the play repeatedly until you know it like the back of your hand. Some of those one handed passes that Evina and especially Meme Jackson try...the fact that they do it every game is on the coach. Otherwise, she would call time out and let them hear it. I remember watching a Louisville game a few years ago where Kylee Shook threw a really sloppy pass. Walz called a timeout, stood at the sidelines glaring at Kylee when she walked over, and said in a very calm demeanor, "What the F*** was that?". And then he repeated himself for good effect. Message received. Contrast Holly, who keeps letting them be careless with the ball and gives them a nice slap on the ass during the media timeout right after they committed their 5th turnover of the game in the 3rd quarter.

If it was an infrequent problem, I'd agree with the "no explanation" bit. But the fact that it has been an ongoing problem during her coaching tenure leads me to conclude that it's because she's not properly coaching the multitude of players who come in and make careless turnovers during their 4 years at Tennessee.

Practice is supposed to get rid of bad habits
Unless it reinforces them. Then its time to change who runs practice.

Also, a big Holly habit is defaulting to ugly play for lack of a better idea. Many on this board cheer the "make it sloppy as possible" game plan. It's all we got. Problem is you can dogwalk the cupcakes with one handed passes, but not so much once you get into an actual SEC schedule.

Reactions: Amb3096
Practice is supposed to get rid of bad habits. Run the play repeatedly until you know it like the back of your hand. Some of those one handed passes that Evina and especially Meme Jackson try...the fact that they do it every game is on the coach. Otherwise, she would call time out and let them hear it. I remember watching a Louisville game a few years ago where Kylee Shook threw a really sloppy pass. Walz called a timeout, stood at the sidelines glaring at Kylee when she walked over, and said in a very calm demeanor, "What the F*** was that?". And then he repeated himself for good effect. Message received. Contrast Holly, who keeps letting them be careless with the ball and gives them a nice slap on the ass during the media timeout right after they committed their 5th turnover of the game in the 3rd quarter.

If it was an infrequent problem, I'd agree with the "no explanation" bit. But the fact that it has been an ongoing problem during her coaching tenure leads me to conclude that it's because she's not properly coaching the multitude of players who come in and make careless turnovers during their 4 years at Tennessee.

You have a very good point Holly will never get the respect due to being soft with the players. Jackson i remember was laughing one game after she tossed a awful pass out of bounds and Holly just stood there with her hands on her hips.

VN Store

Back