Are changes coming for Tennessee’s coaching staff?

The defense was very bad down the stretch. So yes I have not been impressed with Shoop.

But you re quick to point out the tribulations Jones suffered through to get us through the last 5 games and only lose to SC and Vandy in that stretch. Considering Shoops D dealt with the majority of the injury and dismissal issues.

That cemented my thought, "anything but Jones". Even if he is the reason Shoop is here.

Last edited:
What I find interesting is that some think Jones should get a chance to fix it, but Shoop should go after a year.

Yeah, even more ironic, for me, is that if butch doesn't go any where this year, neither should the coordinators. There two or three position coaches we should show the door and the s&c program... But leave the top 3, and let them "own it".,...

Yeah, even more ironic, for me, is that if butch doesn't go any where this year, neither should the coordinators. There two or three position coaches we should show the door and the s&c program... But leave the top 3, and let them "own it".,...

Good point. Neither of these guys are original hires and there are plenty of other holes that have been here longer that have yet to be addressed.

VN Store

Back