Are changes coming for Tennessee’s coaching staff?

I'd either fire 1, Butch, or I'd fire everyone else but Shoop and Butch and make him hire people who know what they're doing that he has to give control to. I'm guessing it'll be more like no one let go of significance and give it another go next year.

Reactions: 1 person
It just seems absurd that someone thought it was a good idea to fire the S&C coach then hand it off to one of his assistants going into a pivotal season.

Especially from a coach talking out the side of his mouth about toughness the past 4 years.

I am not sure CBJ knows what he needs.

Strength and conditioning is the biggest need. We got pushed around on the line of scrimmage all season. Need to be way more physical.

Has to be an area to invest in. You can't have multi million dollar facilities and the GM of the local planet fitness overseeing it. We're late to the game on this one. On the better teams the s&c coach is one of the highest paid members of the staff, because the head coach realizes the importance of finding and keeping a good one. It's the essence of the game, and all things being equal, the more physical team will win.

After watching all the "sources close to the administration" get it wrong for LSU, Houston, Oregon, etc. I think a wait and don't jump to conclusion approach is best these days.

I think S&C is an obvious need - after than that who knows. With all the HC changes, there are bound to be some interesting shifts among the assistants around the NCAA when all the dust finally settles.

Yes, there are almost always changes on the staff. This year will be no exception.

According to many, this season's coaching turnover will not be typical. LWSVol says he thinks it's 5-6 changes that'll happen. That's a ton of turnover. 1-2 is "no exception"...if it's 5-6, that's exceptional.

If Shoop stays I hope you are right - but the defense was just bad.

Besides the injuries...hard to have a good defense... when they are tired of being on the field all the time... when the offense keeps turning the ball over and will not allow the defense to rest...but I will say this.....not all of the problems are the fault of the turnovers....but also on bad technique and conditioning.....which of course everyone know's

How many different strength and conditioning coaches have we had over the last 10 years or so? Seems like a lot.

be nice to see some pass D.....we couldnt cover a pot of boilin water this year.

Nothing I hadnt read before but at least it was well written.

So Dave Hooker win the gold star for grammer, but questions the same coaches plenty of posters here laid blame on weeks ago? Where is his tardy excuse?

No extra sloppy joes for him today.

Hey Larry,

Is it possible that we make any coaching changes that will lose us some good recruits?

Or that we lose coaches that are good recruiters but don't coach the kids up to program standards?

Thanks for your reply in advance my friend.

VFL...GBO!!!

VN Store

Back