Are changes coming for Tennessee’s coaching staff?

Top Gun

Nothing here in Hooker's article that we all don't already know. Only Butch knows for sure with whom he thinks isn't cutting the mustard. Injuries and hard scheme to learn aside, Shoop's defensive unit was awful. I don't care how many injuries you have, the replacements should know what they are doing. They didn't!!!!!

GAVOL1973

I expect.to see 3 assistance leave and therefore, have to be replaced. Over than that...not much. Hopefully we get someone on the d side that teaches tackling and defending a pass.
Yep.... I am tired of getting burnt on the deep pass....or just in general.....I blame this on coaching and not our boys who have not been taught correct technique

FlyFishnVol

Live to Fly Fish!
When driving changes, there are a lot of variables that take place, you want consistency, but not complacency. To me, its more than just the Xs and Os, but being able to teach young men to understand the system and recognize what opposing teams are scheming. Its a lot to ask of 18-20 year old men. I have adults in their 30s and 40s that have difficulty understanding these types of concepts.

GBO!

JonGrudensAgent

It just seems absurd that someone thought it was a good idea to fire the S&C coach then hand it off to one of his assistants going into a pivotal season.

Especially from a coach talking out the side of his mouth about toughness the past 4 years.

kid50

more like 5 or 6
On their own or fired?

Martinez - fired
Mahoney - fired
Stripling - retiring?
Debord - retiring?
S&C - fired

I could also see Thig getting fired. I think Azzani did enough to keep his job this year and I also don't see Scott or Gillispie getting fired, but I guess they could be lured away for other jobs.

Other_Guy

foolishFool
On their own or fired?

Martinez - fired
Mahoney - fired
Stripling - retiring?
Debord - retiring?
S&C - fired

I could also see Thig getting fired. I think Azzani did enough to keep his job this year and I also don't see Scott or Gillispie getting fired, but I guess they could be lured away for other jobs.
Pay Gillispie whatever he wants

Catbone

Hit me baby one more time
Since we never hire anyone well known or with lots of success, maybe Gillespie at OC would not be too bad. He's been very successful here

LWSVOL

On their own or fired?

Martinez - fired
Mahoney - fired
Stripling - retiring?
Debord - retiring?
S&C - fired

some will leave on their own and some will be encouraged to leave

VolStrom

He/Him/Gator Hater
On their own or fired?

Martinez - fired
Mahoney - fired
Stripling - retiring?
Debord - retiring?
S&C - fired

Stripling and Debord, no way, the rest of those losers, see ya.

Smokey X

text a friend
just reviewed the bio of Scott and Thig on the UTK coaches website. Didn't realize that Scott has some experience at coaching offensive line at USF and Thig coached defensive backs for 3 years at Auburn. Granted, they are currently coaching the positions they seem to have coached the most. I guess it might give some other options if they don't or can't get who they want. Unless of course they also depart...

VN Store