Arch Manning open letter…

Yeah OK........I'd go with the proven pedigree in the Mannings anyday. But you only made the statement because we aren't in the running for Arch Manning. Do better, the kid is for real.

Is that why Saban said Nico was the best QB in this class?

Only one that’s truly upset over this is you.

A recruit of his stature, whether deserved or not, is not going to ride the pine 2-3 seasons to get to play his Sr yr. for any team. He will be the starter wherever he goes from day 1. I believe that will be the deal made. Kirby may not be willing to make that deal but others will.

Maybe you're right, or maybe there are some exceptions who are willing to wait. All I know is that in the era of NIL and free agency, promising to start a freshman qb can have multiple adverse effects. Obviously, it gives you an inexperienced starter at the most important position. Second, it probably damages your qb depth chart, which means inexperience and less talent backing up your inexperienced starting qb for a season or two. Then you have to hope it doesn't cause locker room issues which leads to more transfers, because upperclassmen sometimes resent freshmen getting a starting job without earning it first, especially if they make costly mistakes.

Last edited:
AM's friend and team-mate (TE), Will Randle visited Texas with AM. Randle just committed to Texas, per today's Baton Rouge paper.

Last edited:
Are there Vol fans that don’t want to sign Arch due to him needing to prove he is college material?

I’m saying that for all of the good/great players you have had at a lot of positions, Quarterback isn’t one of them. You’ve had 3 5 ⭐️ QB’s transfer out during Kirby’s time there? Is that right? Bennett, just like Fromm fits Kirby’s style bc he is coachable and he’s learned to be efficient and manage the game . If Bennett isn’t surrounded by an all world defense last season you don’t win a title with him at QB. He doesn’t make the guys around him better, the guys around him lift him up. I don’t think that’s an unfair critique of Stetson. His job is to not the lose the game and even though you guys will obviously reload after losing 15 guys to the draft I think it’s possible you’re gonna need him to win a game or 2.
Whatever Kirby's past QB sins, I think he made the right call last year. Bennett made plays in the 4th quarter of the NC that directly won it. Daniels was a statue and he has yet to complete a college football season unhurt. There were rumors Kirby was going back to Daniels before our game last year, and I for one hoped they were true, because we could have teed off on him on some of the plays little Bennett escaped.

What made Peyton so good was he was basically a OC by his Sophomore season. Watch him at any point in time in his NFL career. Passes on point that are out nearly after ball is snapped.

Receiver turns before ball is thrown.

Cant defend that. So, in that regard. If Arch has same work ethic then there is a place for that type QB.

That said the game has changed, a QB has to be a bit more mobile than used too.

Whatever Kirby's past QB sins, I think he made the right call last year. Bennett made plays in the 4th quarter of the NC that directly won it. Daniels was a statue and he has yet to complete a college football season unhurt. There were rumors Kirby was going back to Daniels before our game last year, and I for one hoped they were true, because we could have teed off on him on some of the plays little Bennett escaped.
I think Bennett was the best guy too. He helped them win a title.

Daniels just never impressed me much, we dodged a bullet with him not coming here. If he had we probably wouldn't have had Hooker.
I really don’t know what to think of him. I’ll guess we’ll find out more this season with him in Morgantown. This is pretty much a contract year for him.

No Manning has ever won the Heisman. Archie in college, had a career 52% completion, 31 TDs to 40 INTs. In the NFL he was a 55% completion guy who threw 125 TDs to 173 INTs.

Eli was good. His 2003 year was good. Eli didn’t have a stellar career. He had a decent NFL career. He never led the NFL in any significant passing categories. Well he did lead the NFL in INTs 3 times. In 16 seasons he never made 1 first team all-pro. Only went to the prow bowl 4 times. Yes he won 2 Super Bowls. But did you watch them? If you did then you would have realized his defenses kept the Pats at bay.

So sorry the stats say that neither Archie nor Eli were very good in college or the NFL.

Can't really compare passing stats from the Archie era to today. Just not fair. Johnny U had a 54% completion rate with almost equal tds to ints. And he was on some good teams.

Can't really compare passing stats from the Archie era to today. Just not fair. Johnny U had a 54% completion rate with almost equal tds to ints. And he was on some good teams.
Yeah, comparing the sophistication of the passing game now to then is like comparing the Wright Brothers plane to SpaceX.

Reactions: SpookyAction
So did Terry Bradshaw. Stats are just a small part of the total equation in a lot of instances.

Reactions: Big Al Orange
Is that why Saban said Nico was the best QB in this class?

Only one that’s truly upset over this is you.

Saban? The dude that couldn't coach up 5 star WR's to catch dimes from the Heisman winner when his starters went down?
Or the Saban that allowed Bowl Cut to stomp his offense/defense up and down the field during the entire 4th quarter of the Natty game? Saban got who he went after (Holstein) and it wasn't Nico. Not sure Saban hasn't lost his magic but if Manning wants to go to Bama he'll take him in a second. I honestly hope Arch goes to Texas.

Shoot me that link where Saban said Nico was the best QB in this class will ya? I want to gloat a bit on that. Thanks.

I really don't understand what this post is about, but I'll play.

IMO, Arch does not show that great on film. The competition seems inferior and he does not scream "superstar" to me. None the less, I wish him all the luck in the world, even though I don't know him, and I hope he has a stellar career but struggles every time he plays the Vols.

I really don't understand what this post is about, but I'll play.

IMO, Arch does not show that great on film. The competition seems inferior and he does not scream "superstar" to me. None the less, I wish him all the luck in the world, even though I don't know him, and I hope he has a stellar career but struggles every time he plays the Vols.

Yeah, what does anybody see in him?

VN Store

Back