Arch Manning open letter…

VOL89grad

It has been interesting to see the recruitment of the next SEC Manning QB… while I certainly hope for our Vols to have all the success we desreve, I’d offer following:

- I am a huge fan of Saturday’s in the South on SECN. Today featured (ironically) Bama and (to lesser extent) Ole Miss, and Vols.

- I will always be a fan of “Family Tradition” before college athletics.

While I am quite positive that Arch can go wherever he likes, I personally hope he goes to either Ole Miss or LSU… grandad Arch was awesome (as was Peyton and Eli), hoping he can continue family “legacy” down south (as opposed to going to the “other“ UT, or Bama/ Ga). I’m confident we have our future star in Nico, hoping Arch will make right decision (OM,or LSU)..just not seeing any upside going outside those - Arch will certainly be drafted based on his talent/family name).

In case he chooses either Ole Miss or LSU, I’d love a UT visior autographed by Lane Kiffen or LSU jersey signed by Arch (calling on you Lane or Brian)…and if Nico following now, I’d love some signed swag from you before you are a star in the NFL! GO VOLS!

Last edited:
As a lifelong VOL, it was awesome to have Peyton come up to Tennessee (actually saw his last game in Neyland vs Vandy).. so Peyton, if you follow this, my first choice is a VOL jersey (#16) signed my you :) if Arch goes to OM/LSU))! If Arch really wants to prove himself, he should go to UVA (loved your commencement speech Peyton… for those who haven’t seen it ) - over to you Cav’s (Tony) on signed jersey if Arch pulls the unexpected 🤣

Last edited:
Couldn’t care less where he goes. For his legacy sake…he really should go somewhere not already on top. Maybe lsu or Texas. Going to bama or uga would be a waste for him imo. Nobody will ever say he’s a game changing qb because they’re already there. If he’s as good as some say he could have Trevor Lawrence/Tim Tebow type effect on a program and become an absolute legend there. That type of glory will just never be given to him should he choose UGA or BAMA. But whatever. Those are certainly the easier paths.
Anyway, I don’t care because we got our guy. He’s every bit the physical player that arch and I’d even argue more so because he didn’t have a legacy name or a lot of money behind him. Nico could be that type of game changer for us.

Agree wholehearly… why the “open letter”😁. To me, it’s either OM or UVA… while I certainly could understand why he would go to LSU (native kid). To go to the others, like you, believe it’s just a waste of time.

Last edited:
Arch buy yourself a McDonalds franchise and live the golden "Arches" and forget football and just start your life. There is no future for you in football

Sincerely,
Nick

good question… I guess (1) it’s hard not to be aware about Arch’s recruitment (seemingly weekly updates) as it seems like all the time he’s featured on some blog wearing some teams jersey (looking at you Bama this week - and Texas this weekend?), and (2) that Tennessee shares with Ole Miss a “history” of having a Manning lead our team (no other schools have this obvious connection). I really liked the “Book of Manning” awhile back on SECN (felt bad for Arch Sr. when he discussed the pressure when Peyton went to UT). Also understand it’s difficult to make you own way when you have 50+ years of family history (both college and NFL) to live up to when you haven’t even practiced yet with “your choice” of college teams (much less started a game as QB in SEC)! Hope that makes sense... guess that‘s why the public has not really heard much of anything from young Arch himself on what he’s thinking (which makes it interesting I think).

Last edited:
Arch doesn't really play against any competition in high school. I haven't heard anything about him doing any of these 7on7 competitions where its the best against the best. Im not convinced he is the number 1 recruit in the nation. He might very well be, im just not convinced yet.

Let’s be honest here. Archie and Eli were not really good QBs. Peyton was the only real good one.

Good Lord man. A Heisman trophy winner and NFL veteran starting QB on a bad team. Then a Heisman runner up iirc who absolutely lit up CFB records and nearly carried a trash college team to the SECCG, the #1 draft pick, followed by a stellar 2 Super Bowl championship NFL career.

What exactly is your "really good" standard ... like top 10 all time or something? 😲

Hey! Hey! Hey, hey, hey!
Nico, Nico man (Nico man)
I've wanna be a Nico man
I've wanna be a Nico, Nico man
I've wanna be a Nico man! Go Vols, Go!

He was born into football royalty. That doesn't take anything away from his hard work. It's just a fact. I wish him and his family the best!
The amount of nepotism in football is amazing. I never really understood how pervasive it is until the Oilers moved to Nashville and I got a couple of decades worth of education on the subject. I've seen a lot of kids who should never be on a field after Pop Warner get preferred walk-on offers and even scholarships because their dad played pro ball.

Reactions: VOLnBama01

VN Store

Back